Taber Motorsports Small Time Racer

speedyjr23

Ive been reading this and all thru this thread I had the idea that GoFundMe was a charity thing. However, I just went to the website and was looking thru the sports section and seen many athletes with disabilities needing some kind of help but I also seen several little league teams with accounts, individual athletes looking for money to make it to events in other states and other countries, venues looking to raise money for new floors, equipment etc. I am not sure I understand how trying to get donations to race (which is mainly what sponsorship at this level is) is looked upon so poorly. I have an acquaintance that several of you are also acquainted with on facebook that recently put up a go fund me account to get money for this season. She did it with some success and no one complained. Now I am not defending or complaining about it either way. I just dont see what the negative part is. Its a common tool in todays world.

Cory

The drag strip for SAR did a go fund me, They didnt get any complaints. However I do get where some people are coming from on here being against it. My sister has one, she isnt able to have a baby so they are trying to adopt a child and raise money and do events. So far its worked out pretty well. Mianly friends and family donating..

If gofundme was a site that helped people with serious needs and racing combined, I can think of no candidate other than this man. I saw this picture posted somewhere, saved it, and shared it countless times. I would have absolutely no problem with it at all. See if you agree......post-10426-0-50411800-1434066946_thumb.jpg

Archived