HMP to host a $5,000-to-win Pro Late Model race on May 16

NickHolt

Houston Motorsports Park to host a $5000-to-win Pro Late Model race on May 16, 2015

Houston, TX (May 6, 2015) - Houston Motorsports Park and Patriot Motor Company will be hosting a huge $5,000-to-win, 75-lap Pro Late Model race – “The Patriot Motors 75” - on Saturday, May 16, 2015, at the pristine NASCAR-sanctioned track in Northeast Houston.

“A $5,000-to-win Late Model race is a big-money event for sure, but the big money doesn’t stop at first place,” said HMP Chairman of the Board Tracy Trotter. “Not by a long shot! With $3,000 for second, $2,000 for third, $1,000 for fourth and $750 from fifth on back the pits should be full of super-quick, top-of-the-line Pro Late Models from all over the South and beyond.”

In years past, HMP was a hotbed of Late Model racing in Texas and the South and the new management believes the facility ready to assume this role once again.

“We’ve been planning this race for months and we’re committed to restoring the Pro Late Model class to its former glory here in Texas,” Trotter continued. “We know that our track has the perfect size, shape and banking for Late Models and that HMP is perfectly positioned to join the ranks of the top Late Model venues in the country.”

Perfectly positioned, indeed.

Houston Motorsports Park is an immaculate, state-of-the-art motorsports complex featuring a NASCAR-sanctioned 3/8-mile asphalt/concrete oval, an eighth-mile NHRA-sanctioned drag strip, fully-paved pits with electricity and water throughout, several multi-unit garages, a separate two-bay tech area, a multi-level, air conditioned press box with several VIP suites, comfortable aluminum seating (with backs) for up to 5,000 spectators and modern concession stands and display areas.

Chief Tech Official Ricky Brooks says that most Southern Pro Late Models will meet the rules for this event.

“We will be using the rules found on the Houston Motorsports website which are pretty much the same as the Pensacola and JEGS rules,” Brooks said. “There are some minor differences from the Central Texas Speedway rules, but I will answer any questions someone might have about the rules.”

Ricky Brooks can be reached at 850-324-6821 and his email is rickybrooks5@aol.com.

To further sweeten the purse pot, Central Texas Speedway will be running a Pro Late Model race the following Saturday (May 23) and Patriot Motors is offering a $1,500 bonus if someone wins both the HMP and the CTS race on the 23rd.

There will be an open practice on Friday before the race. A $50 track fee will be required for the Friday practice.

To register for this big-money event or seek further information, contact Tracy Trotter at 832-324-5584 or email him at ttrotter@houstonmotorsportspark.com.

Houston Motorsports Park is located at 11620 North Lake Houston Parkway in Northeast Houston.

For more information about Houston Motorsports Park visit www.racehmp.com or look us up on Facebook.

$12 adults, kids under 12 are free $1 beer, $1 soda, and $1 hot dogs.

Pro Mods, trucks, stock cars, bandos and legends

Come on CTS and CCS super stocks and late models. This will be the first Pro Late Model race in several years.

Kevin, ProLates run every race at CTS.

arob, I'll bet they don't get 20. This class only exists at CTS and they only get 10 cars or less, and how likely is it that a bunch of people will pull theirs out of mothballs.

Not being pessimistic, but this class died in Texas some time back.

BTW, I hope I'm wrong on this one.

I would think $750 to start may pull some cars from as far East as Alabama and North as Georgia.I know this class is dead in Texas.You have to hand it to HMP and Patriot Motor Company for trying.With only three asphalt tracks in Texas they have to take some aggressive promotions.I hope this works out for them.

It will be great to see the lates running the palace of power again. Hopefully some cars will come down from revolution and from out east. I'm not sure how many lates at the rattle snake pit(CTS) have crates and ABC bodies.

It will be great to see the lates running the palace of power again. Hopefully some cars will come down from revolution and from out east. I'm not sure how many lates at the rattle snake pit(CTS) have crates and ABC bodies.

Rattle snake pit???? Care to explain?

I recommend sending the articles to speed51.com and maybe they will post it so the east coast boys will know about the race...

Did that this morning before I posted it here.

Nick

Spoken from lots of experience, right?

Archived