Rear end seal leaking

Lcherry

Im not 100% sure on these 6 spline models but my full size QC had a leak like that and seems I lost the spacer between the yoke and front bearing causing the yoke to go inside too far and ended up with some play in it. Went almost all season before I figured it out. Maybe someone else can tell us if these have the same type of setup.

Cory

Lcherry,

If Allison didnt have these things so FBI, CIA, super secret squirrel classified we could get a exploded view from Speedway Eng. on these things like all the other quick change builders. I understand them wanting to limit how much cheating can be done but damn, we gotta replace worn parts every now and then. Outer wheel bearing part #'s...classified. Brake rotors....classified. You know, wearable parts.

Hopefully as our Lone Star Legacy series grows, the Allisons will be willing to release more and more of their proprietary parts information. James has made some inroads with the them but still a long ways to go.

Nick

Its aggravating. I quit trying to get information from allison years ago. It was always a wasted phone call and they made it seem like I was bothering them. Its my car I should be able to do whatever I want with it. I dont care whose name is on it. Sorry, got rialed up and on a tangent there for a second.

Archived