A few notes from our first race

First of all thank you for all your support. The turn out was wonderful.

We do have a few issue to talk about though. In the Southern sport Mod class and e-Mod class the body rules are getting pushed a little beyond in some cases. .We are not going to be going over the bodies with a magnifying glass but there needs to be a attempt by drivers and crews to at least try and fit the rules. Please check your sail panels and spoilers. In no case should the sail panels be longer then the car. The sail panels should stop at the same point as the deck lid. Also there must be an attempt to have a 3 inch gap between the sail and rear spoiler area. Again we are not going to measure this but you must make some attempt.

In all cases we want to work with you however you must show to us you are trying to at least be trying to fit the rules. Please look over the body rules in your class and check your cars.

Thank you again.

Ken Hobbs

So what you're saying is there are rules but they don't really matter? A 3 inch gap isn't hard to police. What else doesn't matter? I just want to make sure I can compete when I show up to the track. The only thing a track has going for it is enforcing the rules.

He's saying that some people think that imca sport mod bodies don't look good and being the track isn't imca sanctioned they relax the body rules but don't put your sail panels all the way to spoiler and don't use right side sail panel cutout and I'm sure there's more but I'm thinking this is the main one

I don't have a dog in this fight. Just curious what difference that makes between those 2 cars

As to what is a legal IMCA body, the batman car looks close but the tire clearance and shape of the spoiler caps would not pass. The other car looks to be built to USRA rules.

I don't have a dog in this fight. Just curious what difference that makes between those 2 cars

As to what is a legal IMCA body, the batman car looks close but the tire clearance and shape of the spoiler caps would not pass. The other car looks to be built to USRA rules.

Sorry I should have worded that better. I meant more along the lines of performance.

I have also heard that roller rockers, big valve springs, and heim joint rod ends don't make a difference either.

AMEN. EVERY TENTH COUNTS, PAVEMENT MORE CRITICAL THAN DIRT, BUT IF U COULD GAIN A COUPLE OF TENTHS IN SEVERAL AREAS HALF A SECOND A LAP HELPS. sorry about the caps lock.

Sorry I should have worded that better. I meant more along the lines of performance.

Really no advantage performance wise between them. It has to do more with uniformity and perceived "level playing field". Tracks have a hard enough time policing rules for each class and when you have several cars show up with all types of bodies, it just creates unwanted BS. The body rules for IMCA AND USRA are not all that different but you still see cars show up that are nowhere close to any rules.

Archived