Official A Feature Results

Fans were treated to an outstanding battle and race from several drivers last night and alot of action throughout the pack. Several new drivers committed to the series last night after having a fun night of racing. Shootout Race #2 will see many drivers for the first time racing Corpus and we look forward to good car count.

Last Nights Official A Feature Results

1st - #2 Heath Stewart

2nd - #9m Marcus Mikulencak

3rd - #T9 Steven Doty

4th - #36f Frank Okruhlik

5th - #22m Anthony Gordon

6th - #9 Tommy Gural

7th - #72 Benji Kirkpatrick

8th - #184 Brian Rye

9th - #771 Dennis Bissonnet

10th - #7T Tim Sikoroski

11th - #84 Alaina Smith

12th - #03w Derek Ishler

13th - #6m Mark Gallagher

14th - #99 Kyle Carter

15th - #22 Gary Harris

16th - #31 Jeff Hendricks

17th - #41 Wade Jones

18th - #97 Jeff Schultea

19th - #77 Keith Glona

20th - #74 Lewis Blackwood

Notable mentions: #72 Benji Kirkpatrick took drop back $100 bonus and worked his way up to 5th before finishing 7th. #41 Wade Jones lost power on lap 21 while having a heated battle with winner #2 Heath Stewart. #9m ran in the top 3 all night very strong for his first STXSSS finish, Battles throughout the field with 2 wide racing somewhere every lap. Shotout to #84 Alaina Smith for starting/finishing her 1st STXSSS race from 20th to 11th. Lots of action and only a single caution. Big thumbs up for an enjoyable race for the fans! Remaining results will be posted this week.

There were 25 or 26 total. All the classes had good car counts. Yes a few notables were not there but there were a lot of drivers that are new to the series too so I think it was a good turnout. Think any class/series would love to have 20-25 or more every race night like STSSS does.

22 drivers took the chance we were racing the rest didnt think the 3, 4 or 5 hour tow was worth in the event it was rained out since we can drop a race on final points standings. Maybe focus that negative energy into why the LLM class has been poor for 5 years.

What is the sense in knocking a series? If you don't like it race somewhere else but leave them alone. I don't race with them but I don't understand why you would knock them.

Because that's the way of the world, always has been and always will be, unfortunately.

Is all that was there was 20 used to be way more guess everyone's moving away from this series....

As for this comment, go eat a BoD a la Five1Seven and Jimmy Gustin. LOL

Yes I agree any series would love 20- 25 cars AVERAGE to their events in this area.Some pull more ,few pull less.Let's not forget this series was started to save a dying class in this area.A big risk to undertake at the time.To that end STXSSS has succeeded.Along the way a few will become angry and quit.Nature of the beast.As long as they are replaced by new racers,race on.

promod,

I have left your negative post up on purpose. It's a great example of the sort of negativity that anyone, such as Stephan, who attempts to do something positive for the Texas stock car racing community faces.

You may not appreciate the effort, time and money that those who attempt to do something positive for the sport put forth, but for crying out loud, keep it off the internet.

Nick

We didn't bring the # 88 streetstock to cottonbowl for several reasons. rain was the biggest issue.But we intend on racing the shootout series reguardless of missing one race.We were in Corpus Friday nite and it was a little wet and still a threat for rain,and the radar was not in favor of us traveling.We drove back home in the rain,couldnt unload the cars to clean em up because the driveways were rutted already.

so we screwed up and didn't take the chance. Wished we would've tried to make it. sounds like we missed some good racing.. we will be at the next event...

88 Guys like I had told you this offseason. We are happy to have you onboard. I think the one race toss out for this year will help alot of drivers after this weekend. Its exciting to see so many new drivers this year. I look fwd to blowing out over 35 cars next race so my haters can start in on something else instead of car counts under extreme weather conditions. I read on a bumper here resently, " If you have haters you must be doing something right" well I have had haters for a long time and honestly I have an appreciation for them. They keep me wanting to get better just so I can ask them how that cream pie taste from time to time.

To EVERYONE who is running a series THANK YOU for your efforts. All of you are doing it not for personal gain but for the love for the sport.I have to say Stephan had a hard trip taking the time to get street stocks under one set of rules.It took years to ease into it and the fact STXSSS is still here speaks for itself.Were mistakes made? I would imagine so.To save a class is a lot of trial and error.Feelings are gonna be hurt.If you choose not to run a series for whatever reason ,fine.Your choice.But don't ruin it for the rest.

Speaking for our series, we would be over joyed with the turn out that they had Saturday night. Sure they have had 40 cars in the past, but there was a lot of rain in the area this weekend, and a chance for rain at Cotton Bowl. My hat's off to Stephan and his group for what they have done with this series in a fairly short period of time. Keep up the good work Stephan.

That comment was not meant as negativity but everyone takes it differently just was wondering where all the cars have gone as for you Jamie go take a photo of you eating a BoD a la Five1Seven and Jimmy Gustin LOL!.... Plus I've heard of a new street stock series being put together... That's why I was wondering if those guys are waiting for that to take off!!!

I think the previous 5 years includes about 10 years before that of hard experience but its paid off and will continue to do so. STP is involved in many things this year all very positive for racing. This year should really stand out over all the previous years as it involves many classes. Its all exciting and happy to have so many people on board. I do want to thank those that send msgs and call with great encouraging msgs those mean alot and I pass them along.

Archived