Points are posted

Got all our problems corrected today and I have just posted results and points on Speednet Direct. I have gone back over the points as they posted and feel they are correct but if anyone sees a problem please let me know. Thanks and see you April 18th.

Top 5 Feature results in each class:

Classics: #23 David Bruns, #77 Chris Shafer, #4T Raymond Valenta, #50 Kevin Willms, #High5 Will Chomitzky

Modlites: #7 Greg Sexton Jr, #3 Rick Adcock, #6 Keith Samples, #50 Eric Salles, #11 Jerry Godfrey

Pure Stocks: #127 Jerry Walters, #07 Logan Schunka, #67L Lonnie Koehne, #15D Jamie Dear, #1 Glynn Barber

Street Stocks: #53 Edward Oakes, #22 Rene Mares, #36F Frank Okruhlik, #88 Danny Schroat, #20X Jeff Moore

Ltd. Mods: #91 Craig Oakes, #18 Larry Jernigan, #58X Hunter Flannigan, #BD1 Eddy Ross, #56 Broc Bowen

Ltd. Late Models: #1X Drew Hesler, #A50 Anthony Malhorin, #5-0 Jerry Neal, #77 Landen Farquer, #15B John Owens

Modifieds: #29 Jamie Campbell, #11 Darin Leonard, #44 Joe Spillman, #1 Joey Heinaman, #58 Hunter Flanagan

It's not how much the purse is, it's how even do you want the playing field to be...

Tech is one of the most important components of the stock car racing world. Tech isn't there to bust people, it's there to prove to everyone who finishes behind you that you're legal and they got beat fair and square.

Nick

Let's see. This is all taking place at a dirt track, so I guess no engine tech should take place since dirt might get in the engine.

And regarding tech tools, I'm sure the track would accept your donation of tech equipment.

Nick

I would also like to point out that anyone is allowed to decline tech as long as they take their dq gracefully. Which I believe that did. I think they are just giving their reasons why they declined and are not saying there should be no tech. Atleast that's how I read it.

Tough one on this topic about pulling intake. Late last spring or it may have been early summer, we had 7 street stocks on a particular night at SOS. With only 7 cars that night, our purse was understandably reduced. I placed 2nd or 3rd on that night and top 3 were to pull intake. I think I was due $125 or maybe $150 for my finishing position, but cannot recall for certain. I have to admit that I deliberated on this for 20 or more minutes while the motor cooled a bit. I was faced with the decision of not pulling the intake for that amount of payout and dealing with the residual consequences which would have created a lot of further debate, or just rolling with it and pulling the intake and dealing with it. I made the decision to pull the intake and all was well. I came to my conclusion to abide with the request based on some sage advice from a very veteran and respected racer. I do understand the decision one faces, but in the end I would fear that upon my return I would again be faced with the same situation if I placed well. It is really a matter of the track teching what they determine they want to tech and I would respect the decision of the driver or car owner either way they decide. However, when we make the decision not to abide, we then have to face the residual outcome of such. I agree that this person appears to have accepted the decision gracefully and is only explaining the decision making process for why they chose to decline the tech in this particular case.

Don't know if this is true but I heard someone at the stp race didn't allow for their car to be tore down and the money was way better. This situation is totally understandable to me. On the other hand I'm glad to hear they are teching.

Archived