Sign in to follow this  
Bigone47

Rumor has it

San Antonio Speedway or San Antonio Raceway? Would be curious to know why NHRA would want a oval track unless Alamo Dragway came with the deal. Would be cool if SAS re-opened though.

The drag is part of the track and i think an old dirt track or am i going crazy on the dirt track part ..the rumor might be a pipe dream ..

Edited by HiTech

There used to be a dirt track at the other end of the drag strip but think that was demolished long ago. Texas Dirt Speedway was what they used to call it, then they built I37 and TDS faded away. Alamo was in rough shape when it was open, only imagine what it's like now.

It would not be anything around the San Antonio Speedway. What remains of Alamo Dragway are worse than an old gravel farm road, and the location of the old Texas Dirt speedway is under a business. As for the oval SAS, it is now part of the San Antonio land expansion plan, and is currently zoned for Office type space. While that could be changed anything sale transactions will involve environmental remediation and code compliance that would make it cheaper to build a new track somewhere else.

There are a lot of rumors and speculation about the San Antonio RACEWAY in Marion that NHRA and IHRA are looking at it.

So far, they are just that; rumors and speculation.