Track Conditions

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite impressed with everything I saw at practice. Large number of cars for a practice, cars from various areas, very organized with keeping groups of cars rolling on the track for 3 solid hours consecutively, both windows open at the pit booth to get us in quickly when we arrived, and event promoter came by our pits to thank each of us individually for attending with a nice handshake and a "thank you" that goes a long way.

Gonna be a "must see" Friday and Saturday!!!! Wishing the event much success and we're excited to be there.

Shady Oaks doing it right whether it's track staff or other promoters. Glad to be apart of this event and USMTS last month. It's a beautiful day at the track today and pits are filling up and the BBQ cookers are coming in full force too. Great race weekend on tap at SOS so come out and join the fun!!!

My only comment from a spectator point the dust/dirt on family was crazy. All together there was some good racing but hard to pass by some good drivers...great turn out...but in all I guess my comment did ruin things so I will say the track was probably my fault...and sorry for that...do have to say in all it looked like it was a success.

BlueBayou, I was working at the race so I wasn't able to do my usual reports, plus my phone was dead the whole day/night last night. I know pending tech, Cody Leonard won the Lim Mod (very impressive drive by that young man), Mike Trigg Street Stock by about half a straightaway, Mike Martin won Pure Stocks. Judging by who was in tech, looked like (in no particular order) top 10 in Mods included, Tracy Denby Jr, Tracy Denby Sr, Kevin Sustair, Johnny Torres, a guy from Texarkana that I can't remember his name, Shane Hoefling, Craig Oakes, I can't remember who else. Street Stocks had Marcus Mikulencak, Greg Carlucci Jr, Steven Doty, Rob Slott, Heath Stewart, Brian Rye, Oakes, Jarrett Barber, Frank Okruhlik. Pures were a lot of the Houston area guys that I can't remember too many names and they were cleared out of tech by the time I got down there after the Lim Mod race so I'm not sure, plus they ran first and with a lot going on in my corner, I was focused on the other races more than results. Tech had just ended when I left the track at 3am and the driver that was still in tech wasn't happy so I'm sure there is a lot of sorting out that needs to be done. Hopefully results will be up soon.

Archived