Track Conditions

NOTE FROM THE SITE ADMIN: This post originally asked about the track conditions at Shady Oaks Speedway. Since then, this the original poster has deleted all his comments regarding his question.

I have also deleted several posts that contained some name-calling and as well as some posts responding to those posts.

Nick

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only small issue if we were racing today would be the back 1/4 of the pits is soft. But by end of today that is going to be ship shape. We will work the track today today and get it ready for water truck tomorrow prior to practice. Bring. Kite cause it's a little windy today.

As of 4pm today when I left the track to go to work, Cody was on the track with the tractor packing in the surface. Cody's job is to keep turning circles and packing the track until he gets dizzy, LOL Tomorrow will consist of more packing, sheepsfooting and maintainer work. The surface will be ready for racing.

Thanks,

Keith Stacy

Well if the man was getting calls from enough drivers not coming over it I can see him getting upset.Stress? I imagine so! Being the first event for STP I would imagine a lot is going on.Personally I didn't see anything negative either in the original comment.But I wasn't getting the phone calls from drivers not coming because of it either. True using words like stupid aggravates things.But I bet everone that has posted things they wished they hadn't on LSSZ. I know I have.Engage brain before mouth is a good thing to go by. But nowadays what you think is a benign statement is going to offend someone especially when it is a post on social media.Add emotions and heat of the moment it can be hard to do.Bottom line is when you do something for the first time of this magnitude mistakes are going to be made.When the event is over you look back and see what you could had done better.I applaud Mr. Danielson for trying STP going. I can't wait to get to SOS tomorrow.

Glad to see the responses. About to head up right now and will try to give updates on conditions and such but judging by what I've seen, this IS and WILL BE a CAN'T miss event!!! Good luck to all the drivers and FANS we need you, come out and have a good time enjoying what race tracks are designed for...RACING!

Sorry guys wouldn't of commented but I have a collective group from houston about to head to Oklahoma and blow us off because of what they read along with several from corpus with big concerns. Regardless track is fantastic, skies are blue, and pits are filling up. Going to be a great weekend with so much going on.

Archived