Track update 3-10-15

I figured everyone would want a update on the track,

The Bad: We got nearly 4 inches of rain at the track. Half of the pits are under water. We also as of last night had 3 foot of water on the front stretch. The go Kart track was completely under water.

The Good: The drain in the infield was opened at 5 pm last night. Water was flowing very swiftly from the infield to the mud pits. This should make a huge difference in the track. We also have been able to buy a Back Hoe and a Tractor with a 30 foot bat wing mower. Obviously the more equipment we own the faster we can get things done. I have reached out and am making a deal to have someone help with promotions. We also have some additional people who want to help we will be reaching out to.

We are confident we will be ready next week for opening night, and also the Street Stock Shootout coming back to STS.

Ken Hobbs

Glad the drain works, think everyone expected the pits to be a mess, always is with significantly less rain. Go kart track is a bowl, that will always be wet with the amount of rain we had. Hopefully the front straight issues can be figured out but all in all, things look like they're heading in the right direction with the track repairs.

Is the track website renewed? I got this message today " NOTICE: This domain name expired on 3/1/2015 and is pending renewal or deletion "

Rained pretty good in Portland this morning but stopped around 11, overcast now but as Blue said, forecast doesn't look good and track may be saturated from last week's rain. Hope they are mindful of you out of town guys when they make their call later this week. If not Drew, we'll see you on the 28th for a good show with the South Texas Street Stock Shootout kicking off their season as well!

Yes, It has been raining and is forecast to rain 4 out of the next 5 days. No one is more bummed then me. I can't seem to get this season started. However If we get rained out we will adjust and overcome. We will just race further into the year.

Starting the season with the Street Stock Shoot out wouldn't be that bad would it?

Ken Hobbs

Archived