Race #1 for the South Texas Street Stock Shootout

Race #1 is right around the corner. South Texas Speedway will kick off season #6 on March 28th. Shootout series stickers will be on hand.

1st - $500.00
2nd - $300.00
3rd - $275.00
4th - $250.00
5th - $225.00
6th - $200.00
7th - $175.00
8th - $150.00
9th - $125.00
10th/24th - $100.00

Total $3,700.00 plus Big Dawg Bonus money will be up for grabs.

Bravo to all these guys who take on the challenge of forming a series.The real winners are the fans who would otherwise miss out on some great racing. STXSSS in particular which took Street Stocks in the area off life support and built the class to what it is today.Kudos to TALMS for the work they do to save asphalt racing.Dwarfs have been consistant for years on both dirt and asphalt.Good luck to STLMS,hope you have success too.Then there is TIDA Pro Sedans.40 years.Wow! Mr. Upchurch and those involved congratulations.I think it will be cool to see TIDA Pro Sedans on a few dirt tracks.Thanks to all who form and race in these series!

• 3 weeks later...

Weather forecasts look good so far, as for the practice I couldn't tell you. Maybe later this week they can look at it and get back to you guys. We had some good rain Fri night/Sat morning so it may be a little mushy right now but the sun is supposed to be out all week.

Going to be straight up honest guys. It will take a miracle to get the race in Saturday. Friday I am sure is out of the question. I know Ken is assessing the whole situation and will be getting back to me soon but before getting several inches of rain Saturday the pits already had standing water. I know this week looks great for a forecast but lets see what the sun and humidity does.

Archived