Nascar Sim Racing Demo

DVeit

The Nascar Sim Racing demo has been released by EA. This is their version of a sim. According to them, Earnhardt Jr, and Ryan Newman. This is just like the real thing. They say their focusing on the physics in the game. You decide. Theres ALOT of mixed feelings in this demo.

You can get it HERE!

It Sucks. Watch. EA is paying JR to say that. He is playing the pawn he is. Then go see DMP is still racing nr2003.

Well of coarse DMP is still racing NR2003, NSR isnt even out yet! I'm still giving them a chance. What will have me sold is how good the multiplayer will be, if its good ill buy it, if it sucks well i wont buy it unless they release a patch to fix it. :)

Heres what I think of the game or "sim". The setups are a whole lot better then in NR2003. The graphics are good, but then their also bad; Its kinda weird. The AI is good except for their hard to spin. The physics seem better then papys due to the accurate setups, and changes throughout a race that occur. See papys physics were wrong b/c you had to be on the edge of spinning to be the fastest. These physics are faster at a more free state, not tight, or not loose, but free. Over all I think it will be better then NR2003.

Im liking it more and more with some tweaks I found, we all gotta keep in mind that this is a demo! Remember there can be several changes that will and can be unlocked for further developments with the game.

Info from:

http://www.crazygameworld.com

JPutty wrote:

Goto C:\program files\ea sports\NSR directory\save\whateveryourname is directory\first name last name.plr<--- open this file with notepad and go down to "driving aid's" find the line HALF RATE= 1

CHANGE THE ONE to a ZERO.

Step two, write down the jasper setup from NASCAR 2003, input the setup into NSR.

Guess what, the car flies...

Step three, go BACK to nascar 2003 and try to turn a good lap with the same REAL jasper setup.

############################################

Zippy wrote:

OK, got up at 5:30 and started everything again. Must say now, there is possibilites. Key thing for me was the Player.plr file in the Save folder. This is the file which dictates all your personal settings and such just as it does in NR2003. Things I have adjusted so far are listed either below, you may have to look for them as I edited the whole file to emphasize my changes. The biggest change for me graphically, was removing the 512 limitation on textures and the compressions (WOW what a difference). Second, I lengthened the distance for the rearview and now can see as far as mars with every detail. Next, limited my sounds from 40+ to 16, much easier to distinguish, but many sounds are missing should be way better in final release. Next, Half/Rate line is super critical to get the realism we are looking for, set to "0" .... You can look at the rest for yourselves, mostly explanatory .....

Remember to back up the file first, before making any changes, if you corrupt it (add spaces or wrong things) it will revert back to initial and you start all over.

out for now .....

//**************************************************** *************

//* *

//* Player File *

//* *

//* Edit at your own risk! *

//* *

//* Copyright © 2003-2004 Electronic Arts Inc. *

//* All rights reserved. *

//* *

//**************************************************** *************

[ DRIVING AIDS ]

** Throttle Control="0" // 0 = off, 1 = Low, 2 = High

** Half Rate="0" // 0 = super-high physics rate, 1 = normal

** Tire Sampling="1" // 0 = normal, 1 = extra HAT samples (*slightly* more accurate over sharp curbs, otherwise a waste of CPU)

[ Sound Options ]

** Maximum Effects="16" // Maximum sound effects playing simultaneously 8-48

[ Graphic Options ]

** Rearview Backplane Multiplier="5.00000" // Multiplier on the rearview's viewing distance

** Rearview Mirror Shake="0" // Whether to shake the rearview mirror (0=off, 1=on)

** Rearview Particles="1"

** Self In Rearview="1" // Whether own car appears in rearview

** Vehicle Sparks="1" // Whether sparks occur from vehicle-to-vehicle collisions

** AI max texture size="0" // 0=Off

** Special FX="4" // 0 = Off, 1 = Low, 2 = Medium, 3 = High, 4 = Full

** Compressed Textures="0"

** Cockpit Shake On="0" // 1=shake cockpit, 0=off

[ Game Options ]

Split Times Comparison="0" -change this to a "1" to compare lap times of another driver to you.

also go to your C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\NASCAR SimRacing Demo\GameData folder

open up your 2005 NEXTEL Cup.gdb and change RunWarmupSession = 0 // don't run happy hour for the 2005 season to a 1 to run happy hour if you want.

A few more:

1. To prevent the game from taking you from the track when damaged, open your plr file and under [Driving Aids] change "No AI Control=0" to '1'.

2. To get rid of the annoying broadcast info that pops up on the top of the screen every other lap, in the same plr file, under [Graphics Options] change "broadcast overlay=1" to '0'.

3. If you have an LCD monitor with a native resolution of 1280x1024 open your config.ini file and change the 'VIDEOMODE=X' line to 'VIDEOMODE=25'.

• 1 month later...

Archived