Street Stocks at TRP

TRP

Street stocks were on the chopping block last year at SOS and the topic came up 2 years ago before that. Why because "local car count" was poor most of the time, this is undisputable. At the beginning of every year the count was respectable maybe a dozen at any given race but as the season got going it turned to poor quickly yet again. SOS I can assure you has never made money running the street stocks the last 2 years except for shootout events. Your concern is local cars? Well it should be but damage has been done that is why they are trying to correct with this rule change. The changing of the rules at the very least puts rules in place that most of the country has, instead of only at TRP and SOS. That means at least now SOS is an option for out of town drivers to come race at with the exact same rules. This doesn't mean the local car count will shoot through the roof that is totally up to the local drivers interested in racing. Its up to people being positive instead of lingering about the past to turn this around. Obviously help will have to come from outside of the Shady Oaks area and we are hoping drivers from all areas around them visit to help make this transition easier. Regardless the local car count at some point will have to grow no matter what out of town cars do to support. This is why the Stacy's are working their ass off with big shows and bringing in individuals that can do a good job taking the strain directly off of them to some degree. Lots of good street stocks available and for sale go grab one and start putting one together and help the local count. Its been very positive to see alot of drivers already convert to g60's over the past 2 years and more this offseason.

Instead of complaining about what might and might not be, why don't we concentrate on helping TRP make a fresh start under new management, so that everyone in the area has more than one track to race at. I know it is a hardship for allot of the guys around Edna to haul all the way to Goliad. So to have a track in their back yard so to speak lets these guys race more often. Let Greg and Zach get this thing up and running, things can be fine tuned as we go.

Well the trucks are never going to have a full fields(to me that is at least 10) and local streets have proved in the past they won't either.That said combining the two doesn't seem to be a bad idea as it should provide at least 10.Personally I would call them hobby stock as to not confuse them with what Street Stock is now.Bottom line is tracks can't support classes under 10 cars anymore.So lets see how this combined class does at TRP and SOS.I applaud TRP and SOS for trying.

Well, to make it clear, neither TRP or SOS combined the two classes... The two classes decided to do it, each side has a spokesperson and have already had a meeting to agree upon how they would start. I applaud them for trying to do something about the car count in their particular classes, coming to the track, and putting on a show for the fans...

Archived