Central Texas Speedway testing plans

Brad

First off we are all looking forward to seeing everybody at the 2014 banquet/2015 kickoff party. If you have not yet pre ordered tickets please do so asap as that helps with ordering the food. We will open up registration that afternoon and get the pits spots organized. Should be a fun evening.

We will have four open practices: price is 50 dollars per race vehicle. No pit pass fee for crew members.

Feb 21st

Feb 28th

March 7th

March 14th

March 21st is closed for Rusty Wallace

Myself or chris will be at each of these open practice dates. Jerry Spencer will be available for fuel and tires also. This will make it easier than having to meet people on random weekends.

Lastly, the are still plenty of sponsorship opportunities available for the 2015 season. If you or someone you know would like to find out more please contact me at 210-391-2474 or chris saatoff at 361-438-1096

Thank you for supporting CTS!

• 3 weeks later...

These open practice dates are scheduled from 9:00 am to 6:00pm.

Effective starting this coming Friday Feb. 13th the fee to practice on any unscheduled day (meaning any random day you want to go) will be a $100 per car. You must schedule a time in advance thru the track office or contact myself or chris. Saturday practicing will be very limited as the go carts will be busy.

Effective starting this coming Friday Feb. 13th the fee to practice on any unscheduled day (meaning any random day you want to go) will be a $100 per car. You must schedule a time in advance thru the track office or contact myself or chris. Saturday practicing will be very limited as the go carts will be busy.

$100 per car? Damn.

I DONT LIKE TO SPEND .100.00 for practice ..but it is alot cheaper than spending race nights after nights trying to get your car running right like we would have too traveling 3 hours one way plus the travel cost ........as for teams with more than one car .be nice if the track could make it cheaper discount for those teams who have more than one car . .that will only 1 help the team .but also help the racing and give you a better show ..seeing cts has short racing seasons you start out on a bad note for not being able to afford all your cars getting the track time they may need can ruin your season from the first night if your running for points and such and not a good note for track and team and can lead to a sour taste ....the track has to make money that is for sure .but not at a cost of losing to gain if that should be the case...we will be traveling up next month i hope ....

Well, that just ruins my season.

I'm a new racer who just spent countless hours and hundreds of dollars painting, doing moderate mechanical work and effort to get my car ready for the track for some desperately needed seat time. Hearing this absolutely has sent me into a tizzy.

Doubling the fee, for someone like me who needs the 4-6 times to test/tune/practice effectively puts me in a position to not practice at all.

I have another driver or two who would be driving with me and there's no way we're doing a $400 day 4-6 times before the season starts.

SeanMTX, if 5 open dates aren't enough to do what you need, you may need to rethink your plan anyway.

Guys - this track runs a business every day of the week but Sunday. We are just a part of that business. In years past and at other tracks, if you wanted to practice during a non-open practice day, you had to rent the track.

The complaining seems a little pointless to me.

SeanMTX, if 5 open dates aren't enough to do what you need, you may need to rethink your plan anyway.

Guys - this track runs a business every day of the week but Sunday. We are just a part of that business. In years past and at other tracks, if you wanted to practice during a non-open practice day, you had to rent the track.

The complaining seems a little pointless to me.

Those are 5 open dates that we are being encouraged not to attend. Brad said the Saturdays (the test dates that are scheduled) will have 'very limited' time for us to run.

It's about principle. Encouraging us to schedule time to practice, telling us those times essentially won't be productive, and then out of the blue charging double to get any meaningful time is a slap in the face.

The precedent had already been set not just in previous years, but this year as well that the cost to practice on unscheduled days was $50. Changing midstream, in the manner they have is where my problem lies.

We'll just have to agree to see that differently - reduced price, tech inspection available, tires and fuel available - sure doesn't sound discouraging to me.

What reduced price?!?

It's double for unscheduled days and the race fee is now $50/race with no purse

It's not encouraging to see the prices double on a whim...AFTER people have already gone out and run at $50. If this was announced BEFORE we all starting practicing, I would have taken a different tact. I would have got the car ready for the track and painted last...instead I'm taking it in the shorts.

Forgot to mention:

In addition to chasing off new drivers such as myself, I take offense at the notion that we don't want to come on scheduled days. Saying that Saturday's will be 'very limited' due to the carts, but oh by the way, I'll happily make the track open for you...for double the fee is pretty shady business. Push us in one direction, then double price.

This is the type of message that comes out before the track opens, not halfway into practice season where folks have already become accustomed to the $50 rate.

It seems you may have misunderstood the information Brad posted about the practice. Here's what the track is saying:

There will be four scheduled open practice dates on Feb 21st, Feb 28th, March 7th, March 14th. The cost is $50 per car for these scheduled open practices. There will be ample time for practice during these scheduled practice sessions. There will also be track personnel there (Brad or Chris) at each of these open practice dates. Jerry Spencer will be available for fuel and tires also. This will make it easier than CTS staff having to meet people on random unscheduled practice days.

They are also saying that If you want to come and practice on a date other than the four scheduled open practice dates the fee is $100 per car. They are also reminding us that on dates other than the four scheduled dates, there may be lots of Karting sessions taking place. That reminder is simply their way of being upfront and honest with us. In case you didn't know, Karts are a big part of the Central Texas Speedway business plan.

In the past, if I wanted to practice on any given Saturday, I could just give them a call and make sure they were going to be open, show up and pay my $50 and practice when the Karts weren't out there on the track. Now it will cost $100 per car for those "random" dates that I want to practice.

SO... the only thing that has changed is that the random, unscheduled practice sessions that we sometimes need are now $100 per car instead of $50 per car. The scheduled practice dates are still $50 just like before.

Nick

I dont know how much more clear I can be - the fee to practice is less on the dates listed above than it will be on other days. In addition, fuel, tires, and tech will be available. Hence, those are the dates they would prefer to see stock cars test.

I don't know what you're referring to about $50 entry fee with no purse. I sure haven't seen that posted anywhere. These are practice days - purses are never paid on open practice days. We paid $50 per car to practice last year on scheduled days. Again, I'm not seeing the problem. Last post from me - best of luck.

Archived