connecting to ps2 without router ?

legacy47

well my parents are tired of letting me use there router to connect to play ps online, are there any solutions, is there any other way to connect without a router. (i have a wireless receiver in my room, but it does not have a jack to hook the ps2 online cable too) this might be a dumb question but will someone please answer it.

nope not that i know of. I run a router out of the garage and i just ran all my own cabe into my room and play from there. Use 1 port on the router and run it to your room. Srry, there is no way to run wireless with PS2 yet. :( I wish there was

They do, but it'll prolly be cheaper to make one. What i did is i have a jack, like the one that goes on the wall, (ex. phone jack) but it's ethernet. I put one in the garage and ran cables through the attic and to my room and put in another jack, so i used a 4 ft cable to go from the jack in the garage to the router. And another 4ft cable to go from the jack in my room to the PS2. All in all, if you know how to wire it yourelf or your parents do, it'll cost like 20$ max for 100 ft of cable and like 8$ per jack or so, and like $4 for a electrical box. and you'll have internet service in your room too.

-Shawn

Archived