TPS Awards Dinner UPDATE

2014 TPS Awards Dinner UPDATE

The Texas Pro Sedans Series 2014 annual Awards Dinner will be held for TPS Drivers, Owners, Members, TPS Officials, Track Officials, Sponsors, Media and TPS fans in San Antonio at the same location as the last four years.

Date/Day/Time - January 25, 2015 – Sunday - 3:00pm - 6:00pm (no admission charge)

Place - Little Red Barn, South Room, 1836 South Hackberry, San Antonio, Texas 78210.
Located near the intersection of I-37and I-10 in south-central San Antonio (Check Google Maps for directions)

3:00pm to 4:30pm - Optional dinner, pay as you go, order your selection from the full Red Barn’s menu
(Dress code - Casual) menu > http://www.littleredbarnsteakhouse.com/

The PROGRAM and AWARDS will begin at approximately 4:30pm

Receiving championship awards will be the 2014 (now six time) Texas Pro Sedans Champion – Sergio Hexsel.
Cole Larsen will receive the 2014 TPS “Rookie of the Year” award.
They will be presented with Texas Pro Sedans Champions Plaques and Hoosier Racing Tire Jackets.

Other Award Winners:
Patrick Limerick will receive another major Texas Pro Sedans Sponsor Appreciation Award.
Johnny Guerra will receive his second Texas Pro Sedans Sponsor Appreciation Award.
CC Speedway will receive a Texas Pro Sedans Appreciation Award.
Central Texas Speedway will receive a Texas Pro Sedans Appreciation Award.
100% race participation checks and trophies will be presented to: #1 - James Hogan, #10 - Bruce Mabrito,
#82 - Sterling Beck, #29 - Johnny Guerra, #70 - Sergio Hexsel and #77 - Mike Knotts

Bruce Mabrito will receive a Hoosier Racing Tire Jacket special award for his 18 years of service as a Texas Pro Sedan Driver and contributions as the TPS Poet Laureate . He will also present his traditional poetic “ODE” which will colorfully summarize the 2014 TPS racing season, its winners and Texas Pro Sedan season performance details.

TPS Driver Paul Jett and former SAS Track Owner Frank Howell all passed in recent years. They will be remembered and have been placed in the Memoriam Forum Section of www.texasprosedans.com

The scheduled Keynote Speaker was expected be six time TPS Champion Bill LaBarge. He sent a message posted later on this topic and explains why he can't appear. We will miss his sharing of several historical and humorous memories and stories about his many years of Texas Pro Sedans racing.

Plans for the 2015 Texas Pro Sedans racing series and schedule will discussed at a short business meeting.

Printed 2015 TPS Rules and Specifications will be available and distributed. 2015 Membership Applications will be distributed and dues payments received to reserve 2015 car numbers which is available to TPS paid members only.
Note: 2015 TPS Rules and 2015 Membership Application forms are posted on www.texasprosedans.com

All Texas Pro Sedans members, officials, sponsors and fans are urged to attend this season ending event which will professionally complete the 39th TPS season and will initiate the 40th consecutive season of TPS series racing.

Questions call: TPS Race Director, David Mackey (512/280-4869 after 6:00pm weekdays, Cell - 512/913-9364)
Please RSVP your (yes or no) attendance by e-mail > d.mackey84@yahoo.com

This News Release was written and posted by the Texas Pro Sedans Publications Office Director Neil Upchurch

MY work is having inventory on the 26th .the boss has told every one dont plan anything for that final week including the weekend dont waste his time with request cuz it wont work ....if we get the store ready before that .ill be up..joshua works sundays .but as long as we keep getting new plano grams to do and not get what needs to be done for the inventory 60 .40 shot of making it .the 60 is not on my side ....ill get joshua to go ahead and enter the car this week ..

Unfortunately I will be unable to attend this years awards banquet. Charysse and I will be about as far south of San Antonio as you can get. Our trip to Antarctica is that week and I won't be back until the 31st. I hope everyone has a great time & I am sorry to miss it this year because it is Ozzy 's turn to buy the steaks!

Texas Pro Sedans Officials regret to announce that a change has been made to the above initially posted News Release.

Bill LaBarge won’t be able to be the TPS Awards Dinner Keynote Speaker. He has not sufficiently recovered from burn injuries he received in a sports car road race a few weeks ago.

Following are excerpts from an e-mail from Bill to - Neil, TPS members and Sergio:

"I am so disappointed that I will not be able to attend the upcoming awards Banquet!!! My injuries are healing well but Cecilia and I both think the traveling would be very uncomfortable still!!!

I would like to congratulate Sergio on his 6th Championship!!! These don't come easy and it takes a great crew and family to beat the competition in the Texas Pro Sedans!!! I was lucky to have Cecilia and Jack Foy there for me!!! Sergio and Don and now Sergio and George have made them the team to beat!!!

With the upcoming 40th season "WOW" on the way, I can see my record is in jeopardy!!! I am proud to be sharing and would not be disappointed if beaten by such a great champion and his team!!! Sergio will always be what I think a racer should be … Confident, cautiously aggressive and FAST!!!! My real hope though is that someone else in the Pro Sedans steps it up and kicks his butt!!! This won't be easy and you better be ready for a fight!!!

I also want to take a minute and say that I am so proud to be a Texas Pro Sedan Driver since 1982!!! I love you all and although we sometimes agreed to disagree.

Neil and assorted others we will always be a brother hood of racers and we wreck em, fix em and race emagain!!!!

Well, I'm a little dizzy, might be from going left all these years or my meds are wearing off. I want to wish you all a great 2015 and remember to drive fast and take chances!!!"

Written by: Bill LaBarge – “OH WOW Bill”

Edited and posted by the Texas Pro Sedans Publications Office

Archived