STS 2015 LIMITED LATE MODEL RULES

WATERBOY

Gentlemen,

Please see attached proposed 2015 STS Limited Late Model projected Rules Package.

Proof read and provide me with your comments on things you feel need addressed, any issues related to Safety are non debatable.

I will update in more detail with a drawing and detailed measurements of the front fabricated clip ASAP, if you follow the measurements of a mid 70's Camaro clip you will be right.on.

We must settle on one carburetor and weight rule for 2015 and beyond.

The 2 -Barrel Carburetor was decided on with a vote of 8 for, 3 for vacuum secondary 650 or less, 1 for any 4 barrel and 2 for does not matter.

Another determining factor is the cost of the new Ultra 2-Barrel versus a New 4-Barrel.

Holley is currently under HOLLEYDAYS and the new Ultra can be purchased at a price of 492.95 with free freight.

STS 2015 Limited Late Model Rules 2.pdf

Gentlemen,

Please see attached proposed 2015 STS Limited Late Model projected Rules Package.

Proof read and provide me with your comments on things you feel need addressed, any issues related to Safety are non debatable.

I will update in more detail with a drawing and detailed measurements of the front fabricated clip ASAP, if you follow the measurements of a mid 70's Camaro clip you will be right.on.

We must settle on one carburetor and weight rule for 2015 and beyond.

The 2 -Barrel Carburetor was decided on with a vote of 8 for, 3 for vacuum secondary 650 or less, 1 for any 4 barrel and 2 for does not matter.

Another determining factor is the cost of the new Ultra 2-Barrel versus a New 4-Barrel.

Holley is currently under HOLLEYDAYS and the new Ultra can be purchased at a price of 492.95 with free freight.

Thanks for the info on the carb rule.

If your going to edit my negative post, please delete the entire post vs the part that you do not particularly like.

Thank you as I will not be running STS due to the carb rule. There is no reason we can't have a weight penalty and run what we currently own.

Sprinter,

Please review the attached Hoosier Tire catalog attached.

I found a very limited selection of 10" Tires.

Can you please supply me with a wider selection of 10 inch tires so we can negotiate the 10 inch tire rule.

Appears most of the field is running the XX/11/15 which is a 11 inch tire.

I was advised there are a supply of discontinued tires from Hoosier that have a lower durometer reading than the D-28 and can be purchased for around $55.00.

We can stay with D-28 and implement a durometer reading as well, that would be the only way to truly police the tires.

We can also impose a SPEC Tire Rule.

Pages from Hoosier Tires Catalog-3.pdf

OK, Bump Stops will be allowed and it will be clarified in the 2015 Rule Package, with the trend of most sanctioning bodies to fade away from the bump stops and the 2012 Rules not clarifying you could or couldn't, I just wanted it to be clarified in the 2015 Rules.......Thanks Johnny.

Well I know who ever is making the final decision on the rule changes dont give a rats A$$, but two tracks just lost my late model. I will probably keep both street stocks at cottenbowl only now.

I guess in the long run your saving me LOTS of money and traveling time. Good luck on your seasons.

Well I know who ever is making the final decision on the rule changes dont give a rats A$$, but two tracks just lost my late model. I will probably keep both street stocks at cottenbowl only now.

I guess in the long run your saving me LOTS of money and traveling time. Good luck on your seasons.

I agree and am in the same boat.

Can I make a caveaut? How about..2850..max carb 650 vac 2nd...3150..anything you want to bolt on... any fuel....not trying to park the car this season... Plus the heavy cars wont stand a chance with just the 4412.....JMO..

Agreed. There is a reason that the second place points car from the last I-37 season is not there.......I have an old pavement late model and do not stand a chance against a purpose built dirt late model without a very large cab.

Thanks Drew for the input.

I-37 cars need to remember that we were running 2bbl carbs for years until a driver/sponsor got the track official to make the change to 3310 4bbl which was thought to be a 650 cfm. Then it was discovered it was a 750 cfm and then the weight rule went into effect so they would not have to buy another carb. As I stated before we're not a series that can dictate what we want for rules, the tracks decide what they want and what they feel is best for the track and spectators we abide by them if we want to race. I agree with Shane that the rules look good so get your cars ready and Let's Race and quit crying.

Hey guys, I must be missing something. If you look at who won the features last year, it was about even, 2 barrel cars vs. 4 barrel cars. Is there Really an advantage, or is just a matter of getting it your way.? I think Ted should make the decision on what is best for the class, keeping the door open for cars to come into the class, and and not making rule changes every year. The worst thing a TRACK CAN DO IS LET DRIVERS MAKE THE RULES, PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Ted, do your thing, you are not going to please every body. The only thing is this class is not going to grow if we continue down this path. In the above post there is 2 or 3 cars that was coming, but now they are not. Keep the rules, clear them up, now you have increased the class by 15 to 20% if those guys above come on down. JMO John Lawrence

Now that I have come to my senses per say and not making that huge mistake of selling my car, I agree with Tony48, all I want to do is race. So please make a FINAL decision on the rules so I can get this motor done and buy what ever new tires I will need. It's a lot harder working in Afghanistan and only home for a short time to get things done for next season. Other than that I have seen the rules and have no complaints.

Gentlemen,

I have had alot of windshield time to consider everyone involved and the consequences of the 2-Barrel only Carb Rule.

Consider the following:

1. The two barrel butterflies can be opened immediately and supply 500 CFM to the engine. A square bore 650 vacuum secondary supplies 325 CFM when the primarys are opened, the other 325 CFM supplied by the secondaries is delayed depending on vacuum and slowly reaches the full 650 CFM.
  2. A 3150 lb. car needs some type of help in to be competitive.
  • Carburetor CFM
  • Engine (Do not want to go there.)
  • Or close the door on any current or futher heavy cars interest in the LLM Division.

After careful consideration the 2015 Carburetor rule will be as follows:

1. Minimum 2850lbs.
  • Holley 4412 with modifications to upgrate to Ultra Specifications, or Ultra XP 500 CFM modified to run on Methonol or E-85.
  • Up to a 650 CFM Vacuum Secondary, secondaries operation can only be controlled by vacuum canister on carb., no screws or mechanical linkages other than vacuum canister arm can open secondaries, may be modified to run on Methonal or E-85.

2. Minimum 3150lbs

• Any Naturally Asprirated Carburetor
  • No Aerosol Type Carburetors

My apology for all the tail chasing, the target was to arrive at one Carburetor Rule.

The concenquences will be a 25% reduction of the class not willing to make the changes and further reducing the car count by closing the door to any heavy cars.

We as a Track Officials will step up to the plate and determine how to Tech the various Carburetors to insure there is a even playing field.

Archived