procedure for motor protest?

racer027

Not sure what they'll do, but my feeling has always been that any protesting driver should have the same parts checked on his car.

This makes since but if your car has to be torn down to protest somebidy then you shouldn't have to put the money up for it

If you want to protest, you should have to put up the money regardless. Any tech man would be able to disqualify almost every car in street/pure if they looked long enough. Not from guys trying to cheat, in all situations, but because of interpretation of the rules, what was on the car when it was bought, etc.

I don't like the protest rule, but think good tech should take place. I think the new promoters will come up with something good for those involved. They've been around racing for a long time.

protesting seems to be only way to tame class tech has improved first part of last season then it was scaled back for some reason many have questioned certain parts and was told it was takin care of or will be addressed but still wasnt corrected..my biggest concern is lots of people mentioning light weight clutches and flywheels when you go into parts store and order parts when person behind desk tells you well so and so races and he runs this clutch or flywheel then tells you if you use mini starter do you have ultra light weight flywheel if so you need this starter and names about 3 or so people who have them and the people who run automatics have to run standard size or stock parts it seems like the standards may have advantage...I know clutches and flywheels have never been checked and just because they are steel doesnt mean its not lightweight..

your wrong 027, I was checked at least twice last season, sounds to me like the guy at the parts house is trying to stir the pot. Just because someone says it, it don't make it true.

your wrong 027, I was checked at least twice last season, sounds to me like the guy at the parts house is trying to stir the pot. Just because someone says it, it don't make it true.

lol,cooter wasnt refering to you should of said weights of flywheels or clutches, just making a statement of opinion on clutches and flywheel but i do know one of persons car isnt racing anymore and the other knows who im talking about and the other car never wins to be teched and also not racing anymore hopefully this isnt ruffling feathers on the birds that may have them but anyway it should turn out to be great racing season was very good racing at end of season.

FOR the guy at parts house he maybe tring to stir pot but it seemed he knew more of the racers than i knew and yes more people would rather be dishonest these days than be truthful and the guy at parts store maybe dishonest......or just stiring pot as you would say....

lol,cooter wasnt refering to you should of said weights of flywheels or clutches, just making a statement of opinion on clutches and flywheel but i do know one of persons car isnt racing anymore and the other knows who im talking about and the other car never wins to be teched and also not racing anymore hopefully this isnt ruffling feathers on the birds that may have them but anyway it should turn out to be great racing season was very good racing at end of season.

FOR the guy at parts house he maybe tring to stir pot but it seemed he knew more of the racers than i knew and yes more people would rather be dishonest these days than be truthful and the guy at parts store maybe dishonest......or just stiring pot as you would say....

Yeah I have met allot of those parts guys that are full of knowledge as to what someone else has in their cars (mostly blowing smoke) I don't worry about the tech shed,I know I am legal ( no shades of gray here) Its nice to roll through the shed and not worry about what they might be checking tonight. Would rather have a racer put up protest money to see what they think is not legal , than stand behind the shed a try and whisper into the tech man ear, I think there should be doors on the shed, you roll in close the doors, get checked, roll out.

• 2 weeks later...

I think its hilarious that the season hasn't even started, and y'all are already worried about protests.

I've said it over and over, the cars that are fast are faster through the corners. Horsepower has nothing to do with it. Spend a little time trying to get your car balanced and it'll feel like you have a ton more horsepower as you fly by the other guys down the straightaway.

Lifting the left front is not a good thing. You are more likely to lift the left front on a car that is not balanced than a balanced one. A dead right rear shock will get the left front off of the ground in a hurry. Being that all suspension is "supposed" to be OEM, a dead shock could happen at anytime. Not saying you have to cheat to have a balanced car and be fast. I'm just seeing a trend to point a finger at the guys that are doing their homework and winning. Spend a little time learning and get your car around the track. Saying the guy outrunning you has to be cheating is being LAZY. He's beating you in the shop, and most likely doing it legally. Most of the guys that cheat do it because they are too lazy to put in the time to make a car fast within the confines of the rule book. It is this laziness that keeps them back, even when cheating. TIME IN THE SHOP IS GOLDEN!!!

I only saw two "Pure Stocks" lifting the left front at the Dec Shootout race and neither one finished. Were they set up like that? I don't know. At Havoc I didn't see any of them lifting it. The ones that won were either highly experienced and/or handled well. I'd take a decent motor and great handling over a powerful car that's too strong for a track. I agree with Kody, races are won in the corners and overall set up. Only cars I've seen race well on 3 wheels are the higher power classes and even that set up presents it's own challenges, especially on the hard surfaces we tend to get in South Texas.

Man we ain't even racing yet! I'll agree that a car that handles is key, mine handles pretty good and I am learning to be a better driver. The amount of time a guy puts in on his car varies, not because he might be lazy, but some have jobs, kids, etc. that take more of his time, they're the really important things here, racing is a hobby. We all know there are some that will ride that gray horse to the finish line. Don't spend your time or money worrying about racer X, do the best you can with your car, and let the tech man do his job. Who knows that gray horse just might come up lame!!

Archived