2015 STS PURE STOCK RULES

WATERBOY

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OPPS......thought I had proof read the rules and made all corrections I have been considering over the last several days however I can see I failed to make one correction in the piston rule area.

I see no need to mandate a two or four valve relief rule when we are incorporating a maximum compression rule.

Pistons may be a 2 or 4 valve relief standard weight pistons.

I will edit this in the rule package before uploading to STS website.

Corrected 12/20/14.

WOW!!!! 160psi? Are we now going to run worn out 305 dish top piston engines? This rule seems to be making most of these cars illegal. I would think with a max lift rule, compression should be a non issue. I don't know an engine builder who will build a motor to meet the lift rule and have 160 max psi. I might be wrong, but what I am reading means these guys are going to be running some wore out stuff to meet the new rules package.

Thanks Blue, I'm looking forward to the challenge of learning dirt and know I need to spend money on other things just to get out there and not rebuild a motor again, I'll see y'all in a few months if I can get the car ready. I know I'll probably get my a$$ kicked out there for awhile but one thing I won't do is think those that are beating me are cheating, just means I have to improve myself. I can't worry about everyone else and what they're doing, need to focus on what I'm doing. Good luck everyone.

For some reason, the Pure Stocks have more issues than Carter has Little Liver Pills! (you have to be over a certain age to get that one...)

Of course, rules for any racing division benefit some more than others. That's just the way it is. Always has been. Always will be. And rules discussions will always be part of the equation and, obviously, are welcome here.

But where I draw the line is when folks start calling each other names and making wild accusations in the forums. That's not what the forums are here for. If you want to bitch about the rules-maker and call folks names, take it somewhere else please.

Thanks.

Nick

WOW!!!! 160psi? Are we now going to run worn out 305 dish top piston engines? This rule seems to be making most of these cars illegal. I would think with a max lift rule, compression should be a non issue. I don't know an engine builder who will build a motor to meet the lift rule and have 160 max psi. I might be wrong, but what I am reading means these guys are going to be running some wore out stuff to meet the new rules package.

I think that is the point of this class. That is where it started. Guys used to run junkyard motors.

Don't know if you have been to a junkyard lately but they stop carrying old style 350s they do have them. They do have vortec 350s but they are illegal just like the cars they are getting harder and harder to find its a hole lot cheaper just to buy sheet metal then it is to buy replacement body panels the class was just fine the way it was of you want a affordable class then bring back the bombers ether way the pure stock are going to loose cars 160 psi on compression out of 25 cars on the track maybe 5 of them can pull that a rules meeting should have been held JMO THANK YOU AND HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY

Don't know how long you have been around but the pure stocks are only missing two things from the old pure stocks and that is they had headers and no cam rule a bomber started out with junk motors and even then half of the bombers had mission motors in them so there is a lot of thing a lot of people didn't no about and that is not my opinion those are facts thank you and have a wonderful night

glad I was at the Ranch with no cell reception when these came out..LOL...

the following two items will definitely impact car counts period!

Front inner fender wells may be removed, rear outer fender wells may be removed to middle seam.

NO gutting of roof A, B or C pillars, must remain stock.

Front and rear firewall, floor pan, kick panels, and rocker panels must remain stock be full and complete and remain in stock location, floor pan may be cut for roll cage installation clearance only, all openings must be covered with 20 gauge steel to isolate

No enclosed interiors or decking allowed, no part of dash can be more than 28" inch from back edge of the center of the hood.

Trunk floor may be removed no farther forward than rear frame cross member.

Race car body should be maintained in such a manner as to keep a presentable appearance.

Inner skin may be removed from hood, truck lid and doors.

Hood and trunk and must be secured with hood pins, no holes allowed in hood except for hood pins.

Must start each race night with all body panels including hood, trunk lid, fenders, nose or tail piece and bumpers.

Cars with floppy or loose body parts considered as a safety hazard will not be allowed to compete until requested repairs are made.

also this rule (below)eliminates using aftermarket body panels from speedway or performance:

NO gutting of roof A, B or C pillars, must remain stock

so as long as STX Promotions keeps their current rule package they can take advantage of all the cars that are being outlawed or for better terms "banned" because of missing stock sheetmetal.

jon11x ,all this in the name of consistant rules between the tracks.Now to do that STS racers are the ones who have to make major changes it appears.So now STS racers are faced with a choice.Do the changes and race or don't do the changes and don't race as it looks like your cars won't be legal anywhere else either except for STP events maybe.The plus to this is in the end you can race your car at any area track.That would be good except for the fact there has be no or very little traffic between the tracks before and I doubt you will be seeing any cars from SOS or TRP at STS now.As a fan I hope the racers build to specs.If they choose not to I could understand that too.At least I will have 6 races to look forward to in Corpus.

Where did all this pressure to change the rules come from? You had a consistent class of around 20, they have all been good for a few seasons and most in that field are very competitive. I'll be the first to tell you I don't know much on the technicalities and I wouldn't worry too much if it was one or two drivers talking about how bad these changes are but I've heard this from several that share the opinion that you guys just chopped the class in half. I really hope it's not as bad as it seems because I'm hoping to make more than two races this year and would like to support my local tracks but if rules and scheduling don't match up, I'm a spectator again.

Archived