2015 TALMS Rules

• 2 months later...

It was suggested by the TALMS tech official. My best guess is to allow the cars that were built for dirt to get the percentages needed to be even more competitive without being way heavier than a purpose built asphalt chassis. Every change was done to keep competition even better than years past. Possibly Chris can give a better explanation than I can lol

I didn't think Chris had made those changes but anyway the two rule changes I don't particulaly care for is the 2450 rule and the track width rule the others are fine to me. Your goin to hurt the purpose built cars with the rear percent rule in my mind and when you up the weight on the whole car your just goin to let them stack weight were it's needed instead. I think you could have gone with just no 0 offsets and covered the track width rule. Also with the 2450 rule your not goin to get any other drivers except the ones running the series because no dirt guys are going to add a hundred pounds to there car nor do they have to worry about track width on their car and dont want to see us loose any other cars because of the rule either! Anyway that's just kind of how look and see things and TALMS is a great series and hope it continues to be as well!

Nobody is throwing the series under the bus or wanting it dead but at the same time making cars heavier isnt something any racer wants to do . everyone has to live with whatever rules are made up by the " tech" man and make the best of what is out in front of us . The people who do their homework are still going to be fast no matter what rule changes are made ! . Because someone ask a question doesn't mean they are by any way throwing the series under the bus .

Let me clarify this 1st: I plan to run on both surfaces with my car. So adding a couple more pieces of lead is just one more "To Do" on what is a rather extensive list.

Would I rather shorten my list by 1 step: Sure.

But if I want to run both, I have two options (actually three) and I choose to go with the one that gives me the most opportunities: Add the lead for TALMS events; remove it for those trips to the dirt track.

Now, that said and out of the way, Cody, in three sentences or less, what was the logic/reasoning behind the weight increase?

Thanks, and see y'all at CTS in a few weeks

See the third post in this thread. It is right there. If a better explanation is needed I can give you the Tech Mans phone number and I'm sure he'd be able to give one. He's a better speaker than I am anyway lol.

See you at CTS!

Upon further review, the 2450 weight amendment to this year's rule changes will be removed. It is with much consideration that we have come to the conclusion that this amendment was a wrong choice to increase car count. The new official minimum weight is 2350. This has been a hot topic as of late with participants in TALMS and in an effort to keep competition close and keep drivers attending TALMS races that this is the best move for the series moving forward. We apologize for any inconveniences this has caused and look forward to seeing everyone in Kyle, Tx at Central Texas Speedway for the start of the much anticipated 2015 season. Thank you very much and get ready to start your engines!

• 4 weeks later...

Adding weight to the cars does not hurt anyone if everyone has to do it. Thats better than changing suspension rules or drivetrain rules. Look how much the rules have dramatically changed in the super stocks. But yet, they have tons of cars. It has become a late model class. Most of the TALMS cars are dirt cars or was once a dirt car chassis. So just by adding weight to all cars is not a logical complaint. Put weight in and re-scale the car. Pretty easy if you ask me.

Archived