2014 By the Numbers

Here is a break down of some stats and averages that I kept from this year and a little of last.

• 5 races were ran at 4 different tracks- Cotton Bowl Speedway (2), South Texas Speedway, Texana Raceway Park, Shady Oaks Speedway
  • There were 63 different competitors.
  • Race 1 at Cotton Bowl Speedway had 39 competitors.
  • Race 2 at South Texas Speedway had 32 competitors.
  • Race 3 at Texana Raceway Park had 26 competitors.
  • Race 4 at Shady Oaks Speedway had 24 competitors.
  • Race 5 at Cotton Bowl Speedway had 26 competitors.
  • There was an average of 29.4 competitors for each race.
  • There were 4 different winners- Wade Jones (CBS, STS), Ryan Slott (TRP), Rob Slott (SOS), Tony Blankenship (CBS)
  • 11 drivers scored at least one Top 5 finish.
  • 24 drivers scored at least one Top 10 finish.
  • No driver scored 5 Top 5 finishes, Wade Jones and Rob Slott scored 4 each.
  • Wade Jones was the only driver to score 5 Top 10 finishes.
  • Rob Slott, Anthony Gordon and Stephan Danielsen scored 4 Top 10 finishes.
  • 13 drivers attended all 5 races- Wade Jones, Rob Slott, Ryan Slott, Anthony Gordon, Steve Doty, Stephan Danielsen, Shawn Kline, Jarrett Barber, Frank Okruhlik, Lucky Gilbert, Brian Morris, Aaron Leddy and Kevin Sullivan.
  • 4 drivers attended 4 races- Tony Blankenship, Heath Stewart, Robby Minten and Mike Lyon.
  • 3 drivers attended 3 races- Jamie Campbell, Chuck Barber and Monty Chamberlain.
  • 13 drivers attended 2 races.
  • 30 drivers attended 1 race.
  • In the past two seasons, Wade Jones, Rob Slott, Stephan Danielsen, Jarrett Barber and Lucky Gilbert haven’t missed a race; Anthony Gordon, Shawn Kline, and Mike Lyon have only missed one.
  • In 5 races between 63 drivers, they accumulated about 14,500 total points.
  • In 5 races with 63 drivers, 32 drivers accumulated passing points for the O'Neil's Truck and Trailer Repair Passing Points Championship totaling over 650 points. The margin of victory was 2 points with the top 5 separated by only 4 points.

Interesting numbers to look at. To me, they show a very healthy race series. I wasn't able to catch a race this year as the 2nd SOS race of the season I sponsored was rained out, but I am sure the racing was as good as ever with the 5 that were run. Hopefully the numbers will continue to grow.

Interesting numbers to look at. To me, they show a very healthy race series. I wasn't able to catch a race this year as the 2nd SOS race of the season I sponsored was rained out, but I am sure the racing was as good as ever with the 5 that were run. Hopefully the numbers will continue to grow.

I agree. Stats can help paint a picture and explain how things turned out.

I think my car must be invisible. We ran 3 shootouts races as well.

Mike Trigg 4T

Not invisible, but the DQ isn't counted in the workbook since feature points aren't accumulated; just an oversight.

Archived