2015 rules limited mod's and pure stock

zamie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is meeting for? I hear that rules are changing to shady oaks. I can't make meeting. I suggest you all look at their rule they are very gray.

what, the rules i seen are in black and white. Always when people get caught they say gray area if you need an educated guess at what rules say i will try and help you out...

By the looks of facebook, Ken seems to be enjoying a few drinks in Florida after what I am sure was a stressful weekend with the Shootout. Give the man a little break and he will get things squared away with rules and what not for 2015.

P.s. great job to Ken and crew on putting on a great show this weekend!

There will not be a Pure Stock Rules meeting.

We are filling the "GRAY" areas.

Here are some of the clarifications for 2015.

• 4412 -2 Barrel. No XP's
  • Hydraulic lifters must be of OEM design - NO Rhoads or variable duration lifters allowed.
  • Push rod length may not exceed 7.800"
  • Max cam lift of .480 - 3400lbs
  • Cam lift of .450 or less - 3300lbs.
  • Standard weight four equal valve relief forged pistons OK.
  • No cattle guard bumpers, these are intended to be race cars not tanks.

I will make all efforts to have rules posted no later than 12/14/14.

Probably should of adjusted to the STX promotion rules minus the disc brake rearends( maybe penalize )that would allow current STS cars to continue to participate without spending money on cam changes and allow some of them to purchase nose pieces and tail covers for their cars rather than both. kinda like that saying if it ain't broke don't fix it!this was the largest class at STS and now will probably be short a few cars. I don't race this class weekly but we do have a car that we had planned on allowing some rookies and crew members pilot a few times. It makes no sense to align with SOS. I'm not gonna say never but there have been very few times a car came to STS.

Screw the stx promotion rules 53% rear weight not telling me how to set my car up there just scared to get out run by a car that's set up with a little cam just saying but if you don't like rules don't race...honestly lets just make everyone happy and do a run what you brung rule with some defined rules and see who wins it will be the guy who's in the shop read his books and has a hooked up car you can run a big motor but if you can't turn the car you ain't going anywhere JMO

Archived