LLM rules

Stacy Family.,

Please please please keep the I37 LLM rules...Most of the cars up here inh SA are built to those rules and STS has changed them where most of us cannot switch without spending tons of money... So please keep the I37 rules..

Stacy Family.,

Please please please keep the I37 LLM rules...Most of the cars up here inh SA are built to those rules and STS has changed them where most of us cannot switch without spending tons of money... So please keep the I37 rules..

I agree. I have a converted asphalt car and have no chance against a purpose dirt late without this. There are a few cars like this. I cant even get the car to 2,850 LBS!

STS, south division, SOS,north division. CBLGDC, bro I don;t think you have Ever run a track before. Your attitude is going to kill this class. You have to keep the door open for growth. Some guys have to buy the heavier asphalt cars, easier to find. They cannot in all cases Safely remove enough weight to be competitive.TELL me, if you HAD a 3150 lb. car and was told you had to run a 2 barrel ( the same carb. as a 2850lb. car) would you waste your money to come out and race. I WILL tell you one thing in all due respect to ever ones opinion,there is only 2 ways to get the rules done....#1...the track dictates the rules....or #2...IF you let the drivers have input and vote, make sure you have at least 75% of you previous drivers that SHOWED up 3/4 of the races for the year. IF you do not do that , this is what we will get. Bickering . Guys we had better get it together.

No your right have not run track, have seen rule changes hurt car counts before .But I bought a 3500lb car leaf spring and have changed it to 3 link and lightened 500lbs .Im at 2950 now there is still a bunch of lead for balance. I was running a 4 barrel 650 vac last year and doing well enough that I was told I was shouldn't be able to run that so I changed to a 4412 in 2014 car still ran up front .As far as killing the class I have enjoyed getting back to racing from a 30 year lapse and I would like to see the class grow .If the subject of moving the class and rule changes brought up by those on this forum I would never say a word .I would just run my car and do what I could to make my car faster . Which from someone with no experience just a drive to succeed we've done well. As far as the rules we just try to clarify it for the track and to hopefully cut back some of the griping at the track . Racing takes a lot of dedication and sacrifice which those that complain usually don't have ,they just want to change rules to they think is going to benefit them which it never does because they wont make the sacrifices to race. I see everyone on the track in Goliad and Corpus .

In my opinion, the only time you should change any rules , is if (example) a manufacturer stops making the specific parts that is in the rules. If rules were to say Holly 650 , vacuum advance and Holly stops production, THEN you would "HAVE" to change the rules.STABILITY OF THE RULES IS EVERYTHING. Besides, you can't JUST change a carb. In some cases if you change the carb, you need to change the cam, which in some cases you change the springs, which then effects the heads. It all depends how far you want to go. Heck, in some cases effects final gearing. We need to leave it alone. I keep hearing people say that 4412 cars won as much as 650 or larger carb. cars did, and that is true, was there, saw it, so there should be no problems leaving the rules alone. If drivers want a tubed rack n pinion car, build a late model, OR you should have no problem hanging weight over the left front of the car where the steering box was.

dedication is trying to be someone in the world of racing...Which is why I do this. Which is why we are working on buying a lm so I can move on to bigger and better things. Dedication is ensuring as a driver that our class grows and is stable..Dedication is not dicated by the pocket book yet the pocket book is where life happens..So dont confuse dedication with finances..leave the rules alone...again..leave the rules alone...not just for me but for al of those who want to be in a class that is stable and not one sided..

I agree with drew and i'am sure others we need to leave the rules the way they were at I -37 .. Keeping the rules without change year after year is Key to keeping a good car count ,, Example in case ,, I was building a street stock for Cotton Bowl had all chassis and drive done ,, and then a rule change , (stock cross member ) So i started changing it over to LLM to the tune of 1,000.00 for wheels tires rear end and gear springs and three weeks of labor and now we are having a disscusion on changing last years rules .. for LLM .. The fans in the stands from what i have heard really like the LLM division the way it is and we have had some good racing at I-37 and south texas ..and a good show for the folks in the stands.. Horsepower is not the complete answer to weather you can win a race or run in the top 5 .. If you have the car set up( spot on) you will be faster with less H.P than a car that has not got the set up right .(.and a good driver) I'am all for scrubing the existing rules for any unfair advantages but as far as changing chaissis rules , i think that is a big mistake for the good of the class. Bottom line :; Lets have a disscusion on the carb and fuel rules and leave the rest of it alone ..

That's in any class we have twin turbos 10 pop up pistons and anything else you can think of we don't worry about getting caught you gotta make top three to get caught we donate to the placement fund to but it's a small price to pay for all that fun In The hot ass sun.

What's the morale of this story go have fun!!

Now I'm giving you top secret info we get away with it because we put scent in the fuel you know that smell purty stuff!!!

Racing fuel is pumped out of the tanks the store it in. Just saying.

BTW, the "smell purty stuff" says it will work with gas, but it mixes to like 20 gallons as opposed to a hole drum of alcohol.

You could always get some of the "pump gas" fragrance for your methanol.

Archived