LLM Rules?

BAB75

If I could take off all my lead. I would be a stock clip 2500 lb llm..STOCK CLIP...leave the rules as they are..Oh and I almost won the shootout at goliad with a new set up and new track...STOCK CLIP...point im trying to make is leave the engine rules alone... the rest is workable...but leave the engine rules alone..

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gentlemen,

How did this get so far out of hand, we are not rewriting the LLM Rules package!

There are NO engine changes, only one clarification, aftermarket block and heads allowed not to exceed 364 CID.

I-37 Rules state only OEM blocks allowed, is everyone on the same page here?

Min. wheel base rule was clarified to 105 inches + or - one inch.

Max. will remain at 108" with 1 inch tolerance.

Rack and pinion steering will be allowed.

This was a hot topic at last years meeting in which 4 or 5 LLM Drivers were requesting to be allowed, we decided to leave as is for 2014, everyone at the meeting in Corpus agreed to allow. The main driver was to allow the 4 cars which are R & P equipped to support the class.

The engine setback will remain as is, 1 1/2 inches behind left upper ball joint - its a caster adjustment related issue :blink:, was trying to arrive at a center of rear end to engine bell housing measurement.

The carburetor rules will be be clarified.

I disagree that you should be allowed to run a 4 barrel 650 CFM carburetor on alcohol and not have a advantage to a 2 barrel 500 CFM .

I believe the rule was intended to run a 350 or 500 CFM on alcohol, a 650 on gas, or any carb with a 300lb weight penalty???

I attempted to attach the I-37 Carburetor rules, please review.

Do we want to entertain the thought of a 2850 lbs. 2 or 4 barrel carb. allowed?

Please private message me with your car number or give me a call at 361-739-8519.

STS-LLM Carb. Rule.tiff

All this belly aching is getting old..If this was a traveling series then you can set your rules like the Late Models have done but we are not and the track sets the rules as to what they want at their track. The rules that we have been operating under were made by I-37 management and not by the drivers. All the years in the past, rules had been changed just about every season and if we wanted to race then we conformed to the rules of that track. We've already lost several race dates due to drivers and individuals that say they can't afford to drive to STS and look what ended up happening. Tracks got together and made a split season which wasn't to the likings either. If you can't afford to race every event then don't or don't race at all. If this keeps up, then the track can drop us all together. Is this what you want??

I WANT TO RACE!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived