LLM Rules?

BAB75

Can you put out a set of proposed rules with changes first so we can see the changes? There might not be a need for a meeting. There seems to be quite a bit of animosity in this group so a meeting might not be productive. Plus some of us (probably close to half) would have to travel more than 2 1/2 hours each way for a meeting. I think voting could be done without a meeting with today's technology. Allow one vote for each registered car from last year or any car willing to register now for next year.

I do like the idea of measurement from rear end. Distance from ball joint is very difficult to measure and I am sure could be different depending on who measures it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with another meeting is that it's too far away for most of the limited late-model drivers. Most of the drivers will not travel from Kerrville Boerne, San Antonio ,Goliad or a couple hours away just to attend a meeting.

BS08:: The rule states that if you run a four barrel with a mechanical secondary you have to weigh 3250 if A 650 has vacuum secondaries you weigh the same amount as a 500 2 barrel.

How many races has a four barrel won the last couple of years?

I'm pretty sure the carburetor rule also said if you run a 750 you just have to add weight 750s do not come with vacuum secondaries so just by looking at it you know you will have to add weight. Not hard to tech that either.

3310 comes in a 750, and a 780. Those are the most popular vacuum secondaries out there.

I don't have the numbers ,but I'm pretty sure most were won by two barrel cars. Everyone was throwing out the number 3310 but that is a 750 and that just started confusion. The meeting we had last year drivers decided we were going to 4412 in 2015 to make it simple. Yea we talked about marking cars but they still would have to check each one weight and carb.

I can't remember cause it's been so long but we run a vacuum secondary 650or750....with a leaf spring car at 3316 lbs full fuel with driver...just wanted to use that things I have is all...built car to i37 rules in 2010...I know I have the wrong car to run with y'all but I love the class and it's all I got.. Not sayin to change crap for me but we just wanted to run that class agin...

What was agreed last year was 4412,650 vacuum secondary 2850 lbs,any fuel. Cars weighing 3150 lb. car, any carb, any fuel. simple. New rule could be : 2850 lb car up to 3150 , any carb. not to exceed 650 w/vacuum secondary, any fuel. 3150 lb car , any carb. any fuel. then learn how to tech it. poat weight on hood or roof post. No one has to go buy another carb. I think that is pretty simple. just my opinion.

Everyone OK with

Any 4412 2 Barrel at 2850 lbs.

Any 4 barrel at 3150 lbs.

Gas, Racing Fuel, E-85 or Methanol, smell enhancing additives are allowed.(I prefer grape, swells so good, what's your favorite).

Must post 2-2850 or 4-3150 on top rear of left front fender. minimum height 1 inch.

I,m ok with it. But I thought we could simplify it, cars that weigh 3150 or more are not competitive to class and need shed weight to gain speed,4 barrel is not going to do it. Leaf spring car weighing 3400 is a Street Stock not a late model. But go for it if the tech guy has time to check the weights and carb each week.

What Chip is saying is right. If you measure a fixed length off the rear axle, the longer the wheelbase the more rear weight percentage. 105" is the most common wheelbase in the class, but some of the leaf spring cars are 108". If you are going to measure off the rear axle you should set a minimum and maximum wheelbase. Say 105" plus or minus 1/2" with an exception for the leaf spring cars of no more than 108".

And BTW, vacuum secondary 3310's come in 700, 750 and 780 CFM with the primary difference in the secondaries. All the primaries are about the same size as a 350 CFM 2 barrel. That's why a 4412 will have the advantage over a 3310 off the turn if the secondaries are truly operating off the vacuum and don't have a screw in the linkage making them a mechanical secondary.

Everyone OK with

Any 4412 2 Barrel at 2850 lbs.

Any 4 barrel at 3150 lbs.

Gas, Racing Fuel, E-85 or Methanol, smell enhancing additives are allowed.(I prefer grape, swells so good, what's your favorite).

Must post 2-2850 or 4-3150 on top rear of left front fender. minimum height 1 inch.

I like and vote for this suggestion

Good lord......its not rocket science...650, 4412....2850 lbs....750 or up 3150....what is the big deal? I run a 650 vac sec...weighed 2895...why is this a big deal again? We were told that there was not going to be a rule meeting and nothing was changing.. For what I see now is the local guys that could go decided to make it their rules.. This is really gonna hurt alot of cars because most of us are built to last years rule. Find a tech guy that can read english and knows his stuff and there wont be any problems. Now that we are allowing rack and pinon and more engine set back with tube frames...Why dont you just have a supr class and leave the limited alone? This makes no sense...Now I have to go buy a 4412 to run at 2850. Or tack on 300 lbs which will kill the cars geometry..this is nonsense guys...

Archived