2015 Rules

Limited/Southern Sport Mods will follow the 2015 IMCA Southern Sport Mod rules.

Modifieds will follow the 2015 IMCA Modified rules. IMCA was supposed to visit the track in October to discuss sanctioning but that visit never took place.

Street Stocks are following the 2015 STxSSS rules.

Pure Stocks - I know I said there would be no changes to the rules for 2015 but STS contacted me about getting the tracks on the same rules package. The majority of the rules will stay the same. I will get the rules posted as soon as I make the changes. Engines are staying the same. The main changes are the after market upper A-Arms, wheel spaces will be allowed, some removal of the trunk pan, no spoilers or hood scoops allowed to mention some of the changes.

SOS Classics - I have been having computer issues and have lost the rules a couple of times. I am pulling the rules from the 2014 STxSSS rules. The Hot Stock trucks will be allowed to run in this class with the rules they ran under @ TRP. As the engines need to be rebuilt or freshened in the trucks then they need to start conforming to the SOS Classics rules. The Trucks will also be allowed to run the current tire per TRP rules until such time as you need new tires then the move to SOS Classics tire rule will be expected. The goal is by the start of 2016 the cars and trucks will be following all the same rules. Hopefully the rules will be posted in the next few days. Sorry for the delay.

Keith Stacy

361-676-5397

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keith i have several questions on this rule change..And a couple statements ..

First the racers have asked for several years to keep class cheap as possible. for one, tires. why cant we run limited mod take offs?

ok on rules change. reason cause STS contacted you well thats great. HOW many cars have raced SOS FROM STS on a regular race night not special race well maybe 4. how big is SOS purestock class hell of alot more than that. HOW many sos pures has been to corpus this sure hasnt stopped cars traveling to corpus has it

Lets see STS PURESTOCK can race 4 bbl carbs. so you need to see if STS will change that rule for their class since you changed one of our rules for them, WE CAN NOT RUN 4 BBL ONLY 2BBL so we can have same carb rule if you ever have cars come to race your track . Does this rule match what STP RULES have for the big race coming to your track in March..

On trunk pan what do you mean some removal of trunk pan can you be more specific which this doesnt cost racer any money so this shouldnt be big deal..

I would say dont change anything until you see actually how many cars are gonna go back and forth from each track this class has grown the last two years with just enforcing rules you have in place.

STS has adopted our rules basically. There's give and take to make it work and that's what we did. The part numbers are listed for the after market A-arms. OEM ball joints have to be used. Trunk pan can be removed up to the rear cross member. When the rules come out read them and then we can discuss. Don't assume anything until then. I'm working on getting them together and out in the next day or 2.

Keith

STS has adopted our rules basically. There's give and take to make it work and that's what we did. The part numbers are listed for the after market A-arms. OEM ball joints have to be used. Trunk pan can be removed up to the rear cross member. When the rules come out read them and then we can discuss. Don't assume anything until then. I'm working on getting them together and out in the next day or 2.

Keith

make sure STS UNDERSTAND CAR RULE get on same page..

IM tring to read between lines may be better next time to post rules changes first then post info i may not jump gun that away just broke after destroying car and having to rebuild you know how expensive these cars are now days you have one your tring to sell and you know what you have tied up in it...cant afford a arms but i will buy yours if you come off price like um maybe 3500 or so discount...

We feel the same way we average 18 pures a night and have to change cams and other parts to meet. I wish we only had to change what yall are changing so please dont complain on what yall have to change it wont cost sos pures anything the a arms have the same spec as stock so u dont have to buy them. We have far more give then take and we did and will travel. But none of the sos cars came to sts for a regular race and we had 3 or 4 travel at different times on reg. nights

That's why I like the class we run. They just can't change the rules cuz they feel like it. We are our own deal.. Like it or not.run us if you want or if you don't, we will race somewhere else! Do you research before you go changing stuff. I don't see too many cars racing both tracks IMO, gotta change to much stuff.. They would rather stay home.

Rules changes always benefit some more than others. It's just the way it is.

Rules discussions are welcome here as long as it doesn't get personal and as long as the rules are discussed rather than folks bashing each other over the rules.

So, if you feel like bashing and ranting, I will be editing those. If you feel like discussing rules, have fun. I'm sure the track will benefit from seeing everyone's input regarding these changes.

Nick

I don't like the "no spoiler rule" change. My car will be ugly without it. I believe it is the only thing not bent and decent looking on my car. Guess now I will have to figure out where I can put a nice looking piece of sheet metal to purdy my car up lol. In all seriousness I actually believe rule change or no rule change the cars were decently equal before. A good setup and a good driver makes a world of difference. I'm glad to hear the tracks working together as this will make it fun to get to race a different group of racers time to time. From what I understand STS purestocks will be the ones hurt by this because they gotta tear motors apart to change cams, some will have to do a good amount of body work since some were kinda gutted in the rear. All we have to do (SOS purse) basically is drill out some rivets and take our spoilers off. I see nothing to complain about. Let's just go race and have fun and leave politics to the idiots in D.C.

Aaron, Manard racing 32

ks, I see the point purplehaze is making though. You and the green team were just a few that came up a few times. I think most of the Pures won't travel back and forth with regularity, either track. You may get a few here and there, think the rules coming together help the big shows or if someone needs to feed a fix, these are probably the closest tracks to each other.

Whenever two, or more, tracks try to work together, everyone agrees it's a great idea in principle, but when it comes down to brass tacks, it's a different story altogether!

Sometimes the uproar a few teams raise is enough to cause the tracks to doubt the wisdom of them working together for the common good. It's always been that way and always will be that way. In the end, those impacted by the new cooperation will just have to adapt or not adapt. It's up to them. But getting on the internet and raising hell is never a good way to handle things.

1) It makes the person raising hell look like a complainer.

2) It gives folks on the outside looking in a horrible impression about the track, about the class involved and about the particular drivers doing the bitching and moaning.

3) It makes track owners/promoters feel like throwing in the towel rather than try to deal with all the boo-birds out there. To them it looks like the whole world is ganging up on them when all they were trying to do was to help racing in the long run.

There, I've said it again and I hope folks who are tempted to rant and rave about things they don't particulary don't like to think twice before posting.

I repeat: Discussions about rules and rules changes are welcome here. Ranting and bitching about rules changes are not welcome here.

Nick

as a driver in the pure stock class, I welcome the change to make all tracks on the same page. Glad that we are finding out now, just about time to start tearing motor apart to freshen for next season. Have had some great racing with the guys and gals from STS, have not been to their track because I felt at a disadvantage rules wise. SOS drivers we have been asking for change, now here it is, might not be everything you wanted, but it's change. gutting our trunk will help, with all those hidden places that mud likes to hide. I am like Aaron would like to keep my spoiler, but I'll trade it for a larger cam lift. Headers would be nice too. Lets race

would like to see a copy of the STS rules, can't seem to find them on the old web. like to compare to what we are running at SOS. can some one post them?

Archived