I would like to give you a huge thanks for keeping the kart track at its best this last season was the best racing surface on it by far you did an awesome job!

Carlton thanks for starting the program and putting a huge effort into it you and your dad put your heart and soul into it ( you to Steph ) there are a lot of kids that appreciated it and a lot more that are gonna be disappointed its sad to see this happen I'm hoping and praying they will have a change of heart I didn't think it was that much trouble or took that much time

To Shane I did not know they weren't having a kart program in 2015 if I would have known I would have told you up front I will go to STS with you if you need help just let me know

Even though we didn't have a child in the program for 2015 we would have one in 2016 it's a sad day for Big Dog Racing we started with one kart just Popo Andy and Nathan in the triple 7 kart and now have 2 pures and all the family and a bunch of friends in the pits

To the track what would it take to keep the kart program

We want to address the go kart concern. It is not about money. It is all about participation. We only have a handful of karts that race every race.The rest show up only when they have nothing else to do.

What we do on Sat. nite is not really racing. We are not teaching the kids anything. The only class that we try to keep separate is the junior class. The rest, we just line up and let them run.

We have people show up with totally unapproved and unsafe karts. We let them race! We have a set of rules. We do not even try to enforce them! We do not take the time to teach the kids about flags. We do not take the time to stop races and explain to the kids what they are doing wrong. We run the kids out, run their races as fast as we can, then run them off. They get no recognition.

The Sat. nite go kart program at SOS is off of the table for 2015. We are open for suggestions for a program on an off day. In my opinion, a program like this would allow much more time with the kids.

Bobby

Anybody that has a QRC knows what they cost and with a proven winner you have no problems selling it we had 3 people lined up to buy the 88c and had contacts for them to buy some up north with all them having intentions of racing at SOS now this!!

But I did learn something from all this:

Never sell something to a friend!!!

Now I might not have a friend!!

But that's cool it's all good we will fix it somehow!!

I know Sherri so never doubt her. If she wants something you better believe it'll most likely happen, she has a voice and attitude that can be heard miles away and if not well i know she's been target practicing with her new gun lol. Hope this works out cause I know I'll have to put my youngest boy in a cart since he's always asking about it.

Sherrie I don't think many of the karters look on her unless its gonna rain and looking for rain out I will help you as long as our car has no problems we run a pure stock so we go right after karts post on shays face book also call me

Andy

361-243-0118

I really don't think racing on a off day will work most of the guys that have kids in karts race in big cars and are there already but you

Never know

Archived