2015 Schedule

As we look toward the 2015 race season we have realized that changes need to be made. We have taken a good look at the 2014 season to help us determine what we need to change. We know some of you will be disappointed but trust you will continue to support our effort to make SOS a successful track. We are working close with STS to assure we have opposite weekend racing. We are also working to bring other areas beside race dates to a common point. As we finalize all the details we will get the information to you as soon as possible.

2015 Changes:

Go-kart program will be discontinued. For three years we have kept the program going with very low car count. There is no sign of growth for this program.

Late Models will not be racing at SOS

Classes that will run a limited schedule:

Dwarf/Mod-lite, we will be working with clubs from other tracks to have large shows for this class. Race dates are not finalized as of this post as some clubs are still racing and have not started working on the 2015 schedule.

Limited Late Models: STS & SOS will run a joint championship for this class. Once a month racing for this class will give each track four races. We will combine the points of both tracks to decide the championship. Drivers will need to race both tracks. Race dates are not finalized. This should be lots of fun and keep this class a strong 12 to 15 car class.

Classes Racing full schedule:

Pure Stock, Street Stock, Limited Mods, Modifieds and SOS Classics

NOTE: SOS Classics will combine the TRP Hot Stock Trucks and the SOS Street Stocks that run 10" tire.

Rules are being modified and will be posted soon.

South Texas Promotions 1ST Annual South Texas Nationals Race Dates: March 12-14 (rain make up dates March 19-21)

SOS Race Dates:

April 4, April 18, May 2, May 16, May 23 (ASCS Sprints), June 13 (Street Stock Shootout), June 27, July 25, August 22, Sept 5-6 (Street Stock Shootout), Sept 19, Oct 3 (last points night), Oct 23 & 24 (Halloween Havoc)

Rain make up dates: Aug 1, Aug 8, Oct 17

Halloween Havoc: If it rains we will run this race on Sunday Oct 25 with races starting at 1PM

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my only reply to Late Models. We did talk with Kody Hardage weeks ago and I am sorry he did not inform the Late Model drivers. There is more to this than can be discussed in public

Rosemary

I was going to stay out of this, but I guess its easier for some people to point the finger.

I shared with our guys what I was told. But... the information I got doesn't quite match with what we are now being told.

We were told that Late Models would be a special event only class, even after the work a few of us had done to get the drivers on board with what was going on. Purse, rules, amount of races etc. We had 12+ cars lined up to run at SOS for the purse that y'all informed us would not change.

We were also told that the track had worked a deal with STS to run us once a month. STS knew nothing about it.

All of this was a huge blind side after the meeting we had with the track owners saying that they would stand behind the class, and would prefer we not schedule a series, but stay a class at your track.

Don't try to drag me through the mud.

Best of luck to you.

Sad to see the end of the gokarts. You would think the price of pit passes for the kiddos and crew plus admission for all the family and friends that support the kids would offset the cost of a few trophys. That being said best wishes to SOS Going forward. My three boys will continue to race at tracks that support gokarts and miss the good years and good friends we had at Shady Oaks.

Nice to see trucks and ss run together..will be interesting...suxs to see late models go...but it was just like the old super stocks now late models. Not many nights did more than 5 cars finish the race..but thats racing. The only bad part i see is cars are going to be sold or is it possible to down grade them to LLM?. Hope it all works out for everyone...Changes can always be made!!!

It seems the track did not take driver's requests into consideration for any class. Yes, they added LLM's, but that's not what we wanted. The LLM drivers had a meeting at Havoc and 2 weeks later voted on what we wanted to do in 2015. Drivers were given 3 choices:

1. race at STS

2. race at SOS

3. race at both

No one chose #3 (race at both), yet that's what we got. SOS was given the results of the vote. This will probably be the beginning of the end for our class. Those that want to race at STS will race there, and those that want to race at SOS will race there. Some, but not all will race at both which means decreased car counts at both tracks.

Oh well, .............................

I hope they rethink the go karts too.I know at STS at least 1/2 the E-Mod drivers came through karts and quite a few pure stock drivers too.Dropping a class always stinks but when the count isn't there decisions have to be made.LLM's have proven to keep car counts up and the competition is closer.

To cblgdc

Slow down cowboy.

Those that raced on a regular basis this year were asked to give us their email addresses at the meeting at Havoc. Then we made an attempt to get the email addresses of those that didn't show up at Havoc. We also got some of the email addresses of those drivers that did not race this year. We had approx. 20 email addresses. The last race was rained out, so we sent out a vote via email. Of those, the votes of the ones that raced this year were counted. The votes of the ones that did not race this year were duly noted but not counted. None of the CC drivers gave their email addresses at Havoc. You were one that didn't give us your email address when asked. I'm sorry for that, but whichever way you would have voted wouldn't have made any difference. The vote was almost unanimous. I'm not going to reveal the outcome because the decision has been made by the tracks and there's no sense in sticking our finger in the eye of some track promoter.

It is what it is, but if this class begins to wane, we need to be prepared to take whatever actions are needed to be sure our class remains viable.

When the meeting starts out with someone saying they wont bring their 5 cars to sts ,but change classes instead,I can see a lopsided vote.sts has been very good to class. My email was given to bobby Jack monday after havoc.never recieved anything. Well see how it goes.

You also gonna lose quite a few more cars due to the fact a group stays together. And also separating the street stock class??? Big tire cars with trucks and small tire cars together? Is that how it's gonna be? Well 6-7 limiteds and a street stock will be running a full schedule at STS next year. Hope all goes well!

Sorry that I was away from the computer for most of the day...

It appears there are some unhappy folks and I guess that's to be expected whenever a track makes changes, but being disappointed does not mean we can get on here and blast away. That's not what LSSZ is all about and most folks know that.

I have deleted several posts and edited others. Guess that will teach me to spend the day at church instead of monitoring this forum!

Nick

I was one of the ones that got a vote and I voted to stay at STS. The ones that are wanting to race SOS are doing this for thier benifit. They have said they would take thier cars to SOS but not STS so we will see how this plays out.

We had a good season at STS, had a decent car count,some cars got torn up pretty bad and couldn't make it back for awhile, but overall as far as our team is concerned we will sopourt STS.

Thanks

Shane Moore

Yes, it is always disappointing when things don't go the way we think they should. And it does seem like the only way to react sometime is to lash out in public at those who we feel have disappointed us.

But LSSZ is not here to provide a platform for folks who are disappointed to vent against the track management. I have made this very clear over the years, so no one should be surprised when they notice that certain posts are missing or edited.

Nick

Archived