Replace Front Hub/Bearings on '09 Rav-4

CC57

Anybody have the inside secret to change the front hub/bearing assembly on a '09 Rav-4?

Would seem to be easy enough, but I can't get the hub off the axle.

Everything is off, and I've backed off the 4-bolts that hold the hub, as far as I can. The bolt heads hit the CV boot. But I believe the bolts backed out all the way from the hub.

But even with a 5-ton 3-jaw clamp, I can't get the hub off.

So maybe the bolts aren't backed out all the way after all, but I can't get them out any more because, at the risk of repeating myself, bolt heads hit the CV boot.

I can post pics if that would help

Anyone?

Please?

I replaced the hub bearing on my 05 Explorer that came from yankee land so had winter road rust and corrosion. The bolt heads also backed into the CV. I had someone help with a small sledge. They banged on the flange at the same time I yanked on the slide puller. After about 3 dozen hard hits, the hub came free. Then it was back out the bolts about an inch, pull the hub forward, repeat. I paid 400$ to have the left done so I was glad I could do the right one a year later. Took about 3.5 hrs till the tools were put away.

I HAD one like that on a car ..cv was rusted in .../i took the three jaw .put alot of pressure on the shaft and hit the puller bolt a few times and got it to come lose ....another one i had to take the spindle off along with the cv shaft put in a vice and heated the hell out of it and beat the shaft to hell after a lot of hits i said one more or else ..it listened ..

First, thanks for all the responses.

And heat would be next but...

We've resorted to her (my oldest step-daughter's car) taking the car to the dealership where her uncle is a mechanic at, let him have a go at it.

And I told him, tell me what you had to do, I want to know.

The dis -assembly It should not be that complicated and it's frustrated me.

Archived