2014 Lone Star Legacy Awards BBQ and All-day Playday at CTS, 11/22/14

NickHolt

I know it's short notice, but as announced in the Lone Star Legacy drivers' meeting this past Saturday at Central Texas Speedway, James and I would like to invite all our Lone Star Legacy teams and folks interested in the Lone Star Legacy series to our season-ending social event at Central Texas Speedway on November 22.

We have made arrangements for an All-Day Play Day for Legacy teams to test and tune their equipment or shake down those new Legacys coming on board for 2015. James says he will be there around 10 am and will be staying until dark.

At around 2 pm, we will have a BBQ feast in the Car Bar and present some very fine looking trophies to the top 5 Lone Star Legacy teams as well as to the high point-average driver and the Rookie of the Year. When I say fine looking, I mean just that.

James says he will have the scales and spring rater with him and I plan on taking tire temps and offer advice to any who request some help with their setup. We are always more than happy to share our actual CTS set up information with any Legacy team.

Central Texas Speedway does require a $50 per race car fee to use the track, but everyone with the cars will be admitted without charge.

We will share the track time with the Karts, but there should be ample opportunities for extended track time.

Please let Janette Huff know if you plan on attending because we need to know how much meat to tell Steve Fogg to round up for the BBQ. Also, I'm sure Janette would like some help with side dishes, deserts, drinks (no alcohol until ALL the cars are done for the day), and condiments.

So, please give Janette a call at 281-219-2783 with who's coming and what you're bringing!

Looking forward to this.

P.S. If it's ugly weather, we will plan on meeting at the Car Bar sometime before 2 pm for the BBQ and Awards.

Weather looks like it might be an issue on Saturday, but we're going to hold the awards deal rain or shine.

If it's wet, we plan on having the awards ceremony at 2:00 pm. And, we will be bringing the scales, spring rater checker and our cam checker tool for any that want to utilize them.

If it's not wet, we're going to show up around 10 am and have a full "Test and Tune" day between the Kart sessions. James will be bringing both his cars (in addition to the stuff above), Cory bringing two, Gabriel bringing one, and potentially all of Bob Riley's cars. Unfortunately, Dale Ross will be out of state competing in a Karting competition. I haven't hear if Russell Rust is planning on being there, but I hope so.

We also invited Tom Harwell to bring out his two Legacys that he has listed for sale to shake some of the dust off, but he has family obligations that day.

Which brings me to this open invitation.... If you have an interest in the Lone Star Legacy series, please feel free to show up and enjoy the day with us. Who knows... James just might offer you a ride in his #32 Legacy!

Let us know if you're interested in showing up so we can have enough food for everyone.

Nick

I know Janette has called most everyone we have contact information for, but we surely want to invite anyone interested in the Legacy series.

Also, James is bringing his car, the spring checker, the cam checker and the scales so we can at least rate springs and work on weight distribution, ride heights, etd. So bring your Legacy to the event.

Now.... the Series and a few volunteers are paying for the admission for whatever Legacy cars show up, so even it it's pouring you can bring your car with no charge from the track - it will be covered for you.

Since we will be working around equipment we are asking that there be no alcohol present.

Thanks.

Nick

OK.. looks like the weather is not going to allow for the highly anticipated all-day play day, but that's OK.. We plan on schduling several more before next racing season.

We will be at CTS for the Awards recognition ceremony which should get started around 2 pm. James is still planning on bringing his Legacy, cam checker, spring checker, scales and frame height checker, so anyone wanting to have their car / springs checked out should plan on bringing it to the track around noon.

There will be NO CHARGE for anyone wanting to bring their car into the track since we more than likely will not be able to use the track due to the weather. If, by any chance we should find a dry track to turn some laps, we will do so, but you still will not have to pay the track. The series will be taking care of that expense for us! Thanks James and Janette!

Nick

James is already at Central Texas Speedway and Janette is on her way. I'm heading out in a few minutes. I hear those are some pretty decent looking trophies!

And I hear Steve Fogg has some pretty decent tasting brisket on the way too! So come on!

Nick

post-3-0-17851200-1416758565_thumb.jpg

Here's the top five with their trophies:

On the left is Gabriel Fogg who finished second in points and won the Rookie of the Year award.

Then a very serious Del Harris proudly displays his 5th place trophy.

Next to Del is Allen Sampson who had his hands full with the 3rd place trophy and a nice trophy for ending up with the highest point average.

Then we have Cole Runco who finished 4th in the standings but made his presence known at every Lone Star Legacy event.

And on the right we have James Huff who edged out Gabriel Fogg for the Lone Star Legacy championship. James let everyone know that he really won the championship by default since, as series director, he was the only one who was able to compete in all nine Legacy events this year!

I'm the guy with all the grey hair behind the up and coming star in the shorts.

More pics coming as people send them to me.

Nick

Archived