South Texas Shootout December 4th 5th and 6th

SouthTexasSpeedway

South Texas Speedway as made this clear!

I will say it one more time.

Pure stocks- STS rules/

Exceptions: 3300 lbs, Racing shocks in stock location and stock mount, also KK704, Hoosier G60 or any 60 series tire, No headers

Factory stocks: May come and race as long as they fit the 3300lbs, 8 inch tires (KK704, G60 or any 60 series tire.) No headers

If you have anything else stay home and shut up. Your pissing me off!! If you all continue I'll cancel the whole damn show!!! I don't have to be politically correct. I am going to put the best race I can on with as many cars as I can get.

Ken Hobbs

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For clarification purposes I would like to add the following comments, Ken please chime in if you disagree and would like to clarify.

Pure Stocks and Factory Stocks will be allowed under their home track rules package with the previously mentioned exceptions.

PLEASE BRING A COPY OF YOUR UNEDITED RULES PACKAGE - WE WILL VERIFY!

I have researched the majority of tracks which I consider to be within a worth while pulling distance but may have missed one (or two or three) :)

I have not found any rules in which I consider a performance advantage outside the additional exceptions included below.

Please feel free to research and provide me with a update if you find something or a track which you feel has a rules advantage, my phone number is listed below.

At this time we will also include the following exceptions:

ALL cars must pass safety inspection.

Intake must be OEM non performance- NO aftermarkets including Victor JR part #2901.

Working torque converter must be a minimum of 11 inches. (NO 10 inch converters)

NO Ford 9 inch rear-ends allowed. (Any Ford drivers out there in which OEM production included a 9 inch which intend on coming)

STS reserves the right to add reasonable weight penalties for minor rule infractions declared as a performance advantage.

Correct purefast

Home Track Pure Stock or Factory Stock Rules with the following exceptions:

Must pass safety inspection

Minimum weight of 3300lbs

Racing shocks in stock location with stock mounts.

G60, KK704, or 60 series street tires only.

No headers

Intake must be OEM and came on a production car, NO 2701, aftermarket marine or performance intakes of any kind, NO Bowties

Working torque converter with a minimum diameter of 11 inches (NO 10 inch converters)

No 9 inch Ford rear ends.

I have challenged everyone to find something in the out of town track rules which would be a performance advantage.

Please give me a call if you do.

Update:

December 4th Practice for all 3 classes- Practice will be limited to 11pm. Legal Limit playing in the Turn 5 Bar

December 5th- Draw closes at 5:30pm- Drivers Meeting at 6pm.All classes will be running Heats and then race a "A" Qualifer races. This will qualify you to the A Main on Saturday. No Hot Laps after races are over.

December 6th- All 3 classes running- We will start the show earlier then normal. Start time will depend on car count. We will run Heats, "A Qualifier races and the A Main. A Main in All classes will be 40 laps.

Rules:

Pure Stocks- 3300lbs weight, May run racing shock in stock location and stock mount. Must run 8 inch tire.

Limited Mods- After careful consideration we will NOT allow full roller rockers

Street stocks- Must run Street stock shoot out rules. NO 10inch tires.

Street stocks will have NO registration fee.

Please arrive early so we can get everyone registered in a timely manner. You may pay for registration online at www.stxspeedwayracing.com

Thank you for your support.

Ken Hobbs

Did you guys come up with a start time for Saturday night yet or still to be determined and Friday night, roll in about 6:30, races around 7?

Archived