South Texas Shootout December 4th 5th and 6th

SouthTexasSpeedway

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't I'm just saying running 2015 rules last i looked it was 2014 but wait there running 2012 rules right now that dont make no sense lol no 10 inch tires o well why don't they just run 2016 rules lmao!!! Running factory stocks with pures I've heard the same thing about letting istocks running with street stocks and looks like only 3 rules for purestocks 3300 lbs OEM shock mount shocks and 8 inch tires so that to me run what bring!!! JMO but I'm fine with it come on lets do it run what you brung jack!!!

And how did you know my name is Jack that's crazy man its just to bad that the out of town cars are going to come in and walk away with the money and the glory when the cars that keep the track going get screwed but that's OK car count right like last year the guy got put to the back 26 place with 12 laps to go and wins and didn't win by a little he won by 3/4 of a track keep it up guys y'all are doing a hell of a job and Jones41 they are running the 2016 rules this race and y'all would have cars if y'all would stop running them off I'm in the stands every race and everyone See's it

Oh Slowman!I am a fan and my love for STS is well known here.And I do see some of the same things you do.Even though I haven't run a track I can only imagine what you run into the first year of trying.I would think you come in with new ideas and the frustration that comes when they don't work as good as you hoped.Be honest here,there was a tough act to follow at STS.I'm willing to be a lot was learned in that first year.Yes counts were down,way down in one class.That happens when there is change more often than not.I'm sure the things learned this year will be used to improve next year.You talk about the problems.I wonder if the problems,real or percieved,have been expressed yet.These should get aired out at the first meeting.So when that comes get it out there and make sure the people that need to know , know.As for the Shootout I as a fan LOVE to see new cars.Those cars are just better cars and that drive that Jones did last year was off the chart.The car was dialed in and he drove the wheels off of it.Good stuff to me.My concern with Pure Stocks is well documented I will not bring it up again.So lets just go to the races in December and enjoy EVERYONES efforts whether they finish first or 24rth.

Well said Arob, We just need to get back to having fun. No one is perfect. Two types of people. One that listens to issues and does nothing to correct, and people that listen and try to come up with Solutions to satisfy all and be fair at the same time. In my eyes they have tried to be fair when things or issues have been brought to light. I can also see they are trying hard to give us a good place to race. Don't always agree with some decisions but I don't own the track. I just want a place to race and having the track so close, I want it to succeed. The shoot out will be very interesting for the pure stocks. We will have cars coming from up north and I know they will be fast. I can only hope they are chasing set ups. We are looking for seat time and experience to hopefully help us next year. We have a lot of locals that are super fast and talented also. I can say onething that whoever wins is going to have to drive their butt off for 40 laps. Let's just race!

Well, that's what he said!...

December 6th- All 3 classes running- We will start the show earlier then normal. Start time will depend on car count. We will run Heats, "A Qualifier races and the A Main. A Main in All classes will be 40 laps.,,,,,,Friday drivers meeting at 6.Say 30 minutes for that.Hot Laps(if any) at 6:45 or so.30 minutes for that.Prerace at 730 racing starts 7:45 I would guesstimate.Saturday would be 1 hour earlier.

Archived