Update

drew

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys... Wanted to update yall because i have been asked by alot of people and here is where we sit.. This coming week the Light sponsor will be out to display the lights so we know how many we need. Once we have that count...we wait for approval. If we get a green light...we still have a ton of work to do and all volunteer work will be much needed. As soon as I have the info we need... I will come back and give everyone an update and the next step in the process.....Please remember..we want this done right the first time and it takes time. We thank everyone for understanding and keeping the thoughts positive. Rest assured...it is our dream to bring racing back to SA...hang tight..more to follow.....Drew

Hey guys... Wanted to update yall because i have been asked by alot of people and here is where we sit.. This coming week the Light sponsor will be out to display the lights so we know how many we need. Once we have that count...we wait for approval. If we get a green light...we still have a ton of work to do and all volunteer work will be much needed. As soon as I have the info we need... I will come back and give everyone an update and the next step in the process.....Please remember..we want this done right the first time and it takes time. We thank everyone for understanding and keeping the thoughts positive. Rest assured...it is our dream to bring racing back to SA...hang tight..more to follow.....Drew

Of course you would wait until I leave to make this happen. LOL JK Best of luck to y'all and the SA area to bring racing back!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alright guys....Here is the latest and greatest. This weekend we got the light guy out to show us the new lights we want to use. We now have everything we need to give the owner in the terms of design, layout and cost for this undertaking. There are minor details that we will work out as we go if we get the green light. We also already have a light sponsor for the pit area!.

I want to tell everyone thank you for the positive thoughts and the optimism yall have for this to happen. I know how these things have been handled in the past and one thing I will always do is be upfront with everyone. I did talk to the owner this weekend and he is still very interested in doing this. Doesn't mean that it will happen, just know that we are still actively working to make this happen. We appreciate all of the support and ask everyone to keep hanging in there with us until we have a final answer.

With that said, I want to reach out to everyone who volunteered in the beginning to give me their information so I may contact you to work out some more granular details on everything.

More to follow very soon!

Thanks for the update, Drew. I know there are a lot of cars sitting on jack stands in the San Antonio area and that many folks are very interested in hearing about whatever progress is being made.

Nick

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys...here is the latest. Met with the property owners last week and the idea is alive and well. I have written the proposal and it is in the hands of someone who is going to be looking to help with the project on the sponsorship side. We ( myself and John Lawrence) are waiting for the business aspect to be completed which is not in my realm. Im leaving that to the owners. however... The track is at the forefront of all of our minds. I know its been a while but things like this take alot of time to plan. Waiting on the green light guys.

for those who have offered to help...please keep the motivation high. We will need all the help we can get. I have vowed to park our car as soon as we get word to start building this track.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone... I know its been a long time so here is the latest that I have regarding the track.... I need to have everyone that offered to help in some form or fashion to pm me here with your contact information....

With that being said..In no way am I saying this is going to happen..however, I will say that I have had some real positive news last week regarding the building of it.

Its very hard to request information from everyone without giving off false hope or expectations so please know I have been requested to provide information to the powers at be. I do hope everyone understands. I am super anxious to get a final answer regardless of the outcome because I know there are a lot of people waiting patiently on a future of racing in San Antonio. The idea and plans are still very much alive. The goal of all of us is very much alive so please do not give up hope. Keep all fingers and toes crossed...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well guys, It has been a long fought battle and playing the waiting game, I was notified that there has been a change of mind on this idea...it simply isnt in the cards to build at the site we have worked so hard on...I dont get into particulars....However..we are currently looking for another spot to build as we still have people wanting to help build it...

With that being said...I was asked by the same people to try and get ahold of the owners for 37...So if anyone has the Gonzalezes number please let me know....

Im sorry for the sad news but we are still not giving up...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived