Just Arrived

I saw this coming of you can't handle a late night then leave early. I remember when I was younger we rarely got home before 2am. I think the track was great and they did there best I keep things going there was some slow cautions but it happens. I have gone to corpus a few times and seen the same stuff and it was over til after midnight not complaing about that just saying.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That late at night i bet the stands were empty...i was not there but would have had had it not been for anniversary last night ...glad i did not .....kyle had a show of sorts way back .2 am before our race got started .was not enjoyable the drivers were sleepy ..lol.....but they the track learned and i dont think it happened again . sometimes a track puts on a show and nothing works right ..just like your racecar do every thing and nothing works right .i would not condem the track for it they tried ,and i bet they are just as unhappy as most ...there was probably a point where they wanted badly to end it and say to heck with it but could not as it gets worst when your tired and folk in your ear ......a rework and planning will go into order for the next one with a lot of limits i bet ....they may not have considered how many cars were showing up and in shock .. this show is popular and hope it stays that way each track needs its theme show and do all it can to keep it going and make it better every year .....probably the only race they make money at .......THE RACERS NEED TO BACK EM NEXT YEAR ......i know i hear about this race most of the year .. so it is a look forward to race... better luck next year on your big racing venture .

I'm old school and I don't mind 2AM if the show is good and the show was good.Too long? Yes.But given 140+ cars ,not bad.As for the crowd most stayed until the end of the Sport-Mods.Again I'm old school and don't mind the long nights.I'm sure they could shorten the event by having features only but if they did that I wouldn't go.It's the reason I don't go to CTS.The intermission for the trick or treat with the drivers was nice to see and a good thing.One thing to shorten may be the features run so many laps or so many minutes when there is over 100 cars.Agreed there were some interesting calls and saw where Jones41 is coming from.But nothing different than anywhere else for the most part.I'm in the column it was a good show and I enjoyed it even though we just beat the sun coming home.Will I go again next year? You bet,no brainer.

I have to agree with Danielsen. Racing surface was awesome. Don't see Shady Oaks go that dry slick very often and we had to get our thinking caps on for the change. I think even Chris Shafer may become a dry slick lover after his feature win. Never thought I would see the day...lol.. Looking forward to the spring event South Texas Promotions will host. Computer crash didn't help and way more cars than anyone expected. I also witnessed a couple of incorrect calls but know it is a thankless job and I sure don't want it. But, we won't all be happy with every event. As a sponsor and participant last night, I'll give the night an overall thumbs up from my perspective and glad I was a part of it.

Keep the track just the way it was!!!!!!!!!! It was fast!

It was a fast way to cause lots of cautions...fast for some slow for others...a slick track at sos causes for many cars torn up...my observation but in end the leaders were supper fast...you could tell the local drivers/winners knew were to drive...the high line was where it was at

There will always be someone pissed off after every race at every track in the world. It's just the nature of the beast.

I appreciate that the vast majority of posts were positive and that's the way it should be. If things don't go your way, maybe next time they will. But why bash the track because you're disappointed?

I guess I know the answer to my own question. It's because some folks feel they can make the track look bad so they feel like they have "paid back the track" for "doing them wrong." And the public media is always read and those who love to stir the pot chime in with their own complaints - and there you have it...

Nick

That is what a track is supposed to be like. Tacky tracks anyone can drive on and just hold the gas pedal down. For having 30 plus cars in both fender car races I thought the actual races was what fans pay to see not a train race follow the leader stuff. Worth driving on definitely worth watching.

100% agreed Mr.Danielson.That 7 LM was flying and fun to watch.So where the 63 and 89 sportmods so there obviously was speed to be found.I would think with that many cars and laps any track is going to change between heats and features.Thats what several drivers tell me makes dirt racing challenging.GOOD JOB SOS! And ALL drivers!

Archived