12/5-6: 5th annual Tecate South Texas Shootout! $5050 to win&

Hook's RPM

At South Texas Speedway, the dirt track for Corpus Christi!

Limited Modifieds & Pure Stocks who want a tune-up race can get two of them on the weekend of November 7th & 8th. See the message board at their website -- www.STXspeedwayRacing.com -- or their Facebook page for more.

10448784_783342428389593_669417258975719

• 2 weeks later...

A little heads up here... South Texas Speedway has a new Facebook page since last year's South Texas Shootout that you will have to re-Like if you want to follow it and keep up with this year's STS news.

It can be found at www.Facebook.com/STXSpeedwayRacing

One unfortunate thing about the deal is that the old page had accumulated over 6000 'Likes' (or fans) as the South Texas Speedway page. Perhaps one of them was you. The old administrators of the page are apparently not connected to the track any more. They renamed the page, 'STX Events' and promote rodeos, auctions and the like in south Texas. Their Facebook web address though still has 'SouthTexasSpeedway' as part of the address which really had me confused this week until I figured it out. But those 6000+ fans are getting auction info and not racing info.

If you want the racing info, go and like the new page here: It's approaching 800 fans right so we are basically starting over and could use your help with that... thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

You may have heard that the Pure Stocks are going for $2000 to win now.

There is a registration page started here: http://ccbikerally.ticketleap.com/south-texas-shootout/dates/Dec-04-2014_at_0500PM It's a little different this year... you register by buying the appropriate 'ticket'.

$100 for Modifieds.

$75 for Pure Stocks.

There are limited up-front parking spots for sale for the weekend too for $100.

Recent cold spell got you down? Don't let it...because...

Early Accuweather.com forecasts for Corpus are already out for that weekend and while I don't put a whole of stock into them 15 days out...why not?!

How about Highs in the mid-70s and lows 50-55?!!! Little to no chance of r--- either. Hope that sticks!

Really, that's only slightly above normal highs and lows for those dates down there. Normal high 69. Normal low 49. That's why we can race there in December... I've been colder than that at a SEPTEMBER Fall Jamboree in Minnesota!

And you'll probably see people dressed like they were in Minnesota too lol.

Yea I know it turned cold last year. Seems like practice day and maybe Friday during the day were beautiful though. Then the cold hit Friday night & Saturday. We also postponed a week last year and actually raced on the 13th & 14th because the weather was bad the first weekend.

At the first annual South Texas Shootout -- 2010 -- it was extra nice that year. Like 80 during the day. Longsleve shirt at night. Got some fog just before the main feature Saturday night and then thought...'uh-oh'. Then the front blew through, gusted to about 25 mph from the north, but cleared the fog out and we got the race in. Strong headwind driving home the next day too!

You never know down there this time of year. Record highs are near 90 for December 5th & 6th!

But a note to some Houston guys the h500 tire will not be allowed.

I know you mean on the Street Stocks but just in case someone sees this out-of-context...H500s or IMCA stamped 500s are legal for the Limited Modifieds.

Ya Texas weather for sure. I remember one night in Austin, near 100 during the day, went to Longhorn in shorts and a tshirt, cold front came in and 30s-40s by features lol. Of course USMTS had a nice fog their last night here, couldn't see the cars on the back straight very well but didn't seem to slow them down too much. Funny hearing all of the drivers talk about running out of tear offs.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh and the temps are great! Mid 70s for highs and lows never get out of the 60s... about 30 degrees warmer than last year!!! 20% or less on r--- chances all the way through tomorrow night too.

Archived