James Buescher NSS preview: Kentucky Speedway

RAB Racing NNS Event Preview: Kentucky Speedway

Stand Alone...While the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) and the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) are racing in New Hampshire, the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) race will be up for grabs Saturday night in Kentucky. The VisitMyrtleBeach.com 300 will be the final stand-alone event of the 2014 season. James Buescher comes into Kentucky with four previous NNS starts at the 1.5-mile oval. Buescher has recorded one top-10 in those four starts. The Texas native has an impressive record at the Kentucky Speedway with two NCWTS wins, both coming in 2012.

Let's Go Places...Toyota Care will serve as primary sponsor on the RAB Racing No. 99 Toyota Camry this weekend at Kentucky Speedway for the VisitMyrtleBeach.com 300. This is the fifth time that Toyota Care is being featured on the RAB Racing No. 99 Toyota Camry during the 2014 season.

Get Social...Don't forget you can follow James Buescher and his race team, RAB Racing on all social media platforms including twitter and Instagram at @JamesBuescher, @RAB_Racing and on facebook at facebook.com/JamesBuescherRacing and facebook.com/RABRacing. Continue to stay up-to-date with in-race posts, frequent Q&A chats and giveaway contests!

Chicagoland Recap...The Texas native, James Buescher started the Jimmy John's Freaky Fast 300 at Chicagoland Speedway from the 17th position. Right from when the green flag released the 40-car field Buescher and the No. 99 Rheem team was struggling with a tight-handling Camry. Crew chief Matt Lucas and the Rheem crew got multiple opportunities throughout the afternoon to adjust on their Toyota, however it wasn't until late in the scheduled 200-lap race that the handling began to turn in a positive matter for the 24-year-old Buescher. During team's last scheduled pit stop of the race, the RAB Racing team made a call to take only two-tires and fuel while some of the field took four or no tires at all. The stop would vault Buescher up to the 14th running position. After the restart, a yellow flag was quickly displayed and Buescher radioed to the crew that the balance of the No. 99 Rheem Camry was much better on four fresh tires rather than just the two. Buescher eventually slipped back to the 18th-place where he would eventually finish the Jimmy John's Freaky Fast 300.

Chassis Info...RAB Racing will bring chassis No. 057 with them to Kentucky Speedway. This particular chassis was last raced last weekend at Chicagoland Speedway with RAB Racing teammate Daniel Suarez behind the wheel. Suarez was able to drive the No.29 Camry to a 15th-place finish.
Catch the Action...The NASCAR Nationwide Series returns to Kentucky Speedway this weekend for the last stand alone race of the season. The VisitMyrtleBeach.com 300 can be seen on Saturday, September 20 at 7:30 p.m. EDT on ESPNNEWS. The event can also be heard on SiriusXM Satellite Radio channel 90 and on PRN Radio.

James Buescher on racing at Kentucky Speedway:

"Kentucky is always a track that I look forward to racing at. I feel like I have had a lot of success at the track in the past and couple that with the progress that our RAB Racing team has made in the last couple months, I think we'll have a good race package for Saturday night's race. We really don't have anything to lose right now so we might be able to gamble some when the opportunity presents itself and hopefully come out of Kentucky with a solid finish. I'm also looking forward to having Toyota Care back on the No. 99 this weekend especially with the Toyota Camry being built just down the road in Georgetown. I know we'll have a lot of extra support in the stands cheering us on!"

Archived