Halloween Havoc Late Model payout

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to Battleground once this year and honestly, I think you guys are faster overall. What makes them seem faster is they carry speed through the corners. Just from an observational standpoint. I'm not sure how it ended up, but I know Chris Holley may be a National Champion out of BGS. If the purse is good, I'll shoot a message out to a BGS contact and see if they'll come down. Just shooting ideas to try to get more than 7-8 cars for you guys, especially at SOS. Imagine 15-20 Late Models flying around there...

As for re-structuring, who knows. I know the people involved are passionate and want the class to grow, but Houston is the only place within reasonable distance that runs Lates, same with full blown Mods. If it makes financial sense, may be beneficial to work with them like Nesmith or the Gulf Coast series. May be risky from the promoter's pov because you never know if they will show up. Like I said, just trying to shoot ideas.

Yes sir, I am one of those guys.. Ain't gonna race nothing else but late models. Honestly think you would see better closer racing.. With crate motors..Especially if the track stayed the way it was Saturday . I want to out drive somebody , not out motor them. Got some people interested in running them, so we'll see. Open motor rule defiantly not the way to go if you want car count..

Well bottom line is Shady Oaks is to pay all these classes a good purse we all need to help get more people in the stands somehow and class sponsorships.So maybe for Holloween Havoc and the off season shoot some ideas their way to increase attendance.I have passed on a few thoughts.Good for SOS paying $450 for a 6 car field.I heard of a track only paying $175 if they didn't get 10 cars.Can't really blame the track either.

It's a bum deal for you guys for sure. Only been about 8 of you showing up so as a promoter it's a big risk giving a small class a huge purse. If they give a $1000 to win, how many would commit and actually show? What rules do you run? Will fans support it? All "what if" type of questions and the ones that really get screwed are those 8 or so that showed up every night. Maybe for a one night deal, a sponsor could step up and offset some risk? I'd start now on the rule discussion to get some of those others to commit as well.

Ya, when it cost $200-300 just to get in and only get $450, you may have priced yourself out. It's a huge risk to have a high payout for a class that doesn't bring in a lot of cars, not a knock on your class or any of the drivers, just a statement of fact. Hopefully you guys can figure something out and keep the class going.

For Goliad, just a tough market to gain from. Victoria is the largest city in the area about 30 miles away and still about half the size of Corpus. I know they're trying to get people in the stands and I'm sure they're open to ideas. That's the unfortunate thing overall for the track, great car counts but no one's going. They have some good sponsor support but like everyone, could use more.

Agree about the dwindling individual class sizes. STS went through that a few years ago, basically Pure Stocks became Street Stocks, most went back to a Pure Stock format while the Street Stocks took a hit, excluding Shootout, they have good car counts all the time. Every track I went to this year had low Street/Hobby Stock car counts.

I hope they find a way to get better crowds because the product is great, all classes. Ya LLM would have died here w/o SA guys but now they seem to want to race SOS and they'll be good there. We'll see how long STS can sustain the class with locals only. Became about half and half so we'll see.

Archived