South Texas Shootout December

SouthTexasSpeedway

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to put a note on this. I care for all classes equally. I love the show both the street stocks and pure stocks put on. However the street stocks have big shows at least once a month. The pure stocks have very few. I wish not to have more than one class because I don't want to have to rush the show on a important night. I want to have time to do things for the people in the stands. Also I want to be done by 11pm. I don't want the races going till midnight. The fans and drivers don't like it. They want time to relax, mingle and Yell at Me LOL. After all, I don't care who wins or loses I care about the experience each of you and the people in the stands have when you show up.

Just a note the Showers are almost done...

Ken Hobbs

Just started raining again at my house Ken ;) I don't have a problem with any class. I'm glad this year the Pure Stocks are the support and will try to get my car out there to try this dirt thing out. If it was Streets, Emods, LLM or Sport Compact I'd still go to watch. The track released the schedule and classes so let's support the event as planned. As for the other drivers coming "down" to Pures, that's the track's decision and see pros and cons to that but we all are entitled to our thoughts and nothing wrong with either side of that fence.

Policing who is and who isn't a pure stock qualified driver isn't fair. I think there are some pure stock drivers that are better then most street stock and mod drivers. Big races make big opportunities and when you pull off,a win or good finish against any driver is a big exciting accomplishment. For $1000 to win out of town drivers will be there and to try to determine if they should or shouldnt be there is a can of worms. Can't be policed.

I replied privately to one person about my fear of these guys stepping down classes. Danielsen, I agree about some Pure Stock drivers maybe being more talented then some Street or Mod drivers. Not a knock on Street/Mod drivers but more of praise for the Pure Stock drivers in the area. My fear would be the resentment some may or may not cause. For example, multiple "Big Race" champion shows up in a double decker, NASCAR style rig and unloads two "Pure Stocks" and comes out and is 2 seconds faster than everyone. Track owner tries something to try to even the field and it backfires completely. The next race, aforementioned guy comes back in big rig flashy style. Gets tangled up in his heat race then while stalled in a turn rammed so hard it breaks his frame. Nothing personal against that driver in any way and never want to see that happen to anybody but the perception was from a lot of others, they were glad that happened. That's the fear. Bobby raised good points about how some of you veteran, higher class guys help out the lower end drivers, myself included. It is appreciated always and yes we use a lot of the parts that are handed down or sold cheap and the advice given. It's good for the sport and continuation of it, we can hope years down the road, we do the same for those future drivers starting out. The response to him was kinda mixed in Ken's post where the Streets have a big race monthly more or less. So, this December, let us little dogs run for some big money. I know there's a few other chances, thanks to STP, where we all will have our shots. Just my opinion on it and in no way do I think I'm right, you're wrong. I will support this event and any future events my work or personal schedule is not affected by and will not fight it if a Street Stock driver jumps in a Pure Stock car. As was said, those cars are still legal Pure Stocks, get on the wheel and drive. It would do much more for a genuine Pure Stock driver to beat another class' driver than what it would mean for a driver of a SS or Mod to come down and win in a Pure Stock race. Point being I see pros and cons to it and it's not a huge deal.

This is my first year to ever drive a pure stock or even be involved in dirt track racing I am by far a kid but I am new and said this is good class to be start in . I am excited about the Dec race knowing I will not be up there with top dogs but I would welcome anyone from any class of drivers to do what they would like to do .I feel it would be challenging to go up against some of the drivers and by no means there is a lot of excellent drivers in the pures now running at stx this year . I can only wish and hope for the best and the best car win

Well appearently Baytown polices it.And if someone lies their way in that speaks to their character.I really don't get this.You guys race for bigger purses all season.Pure Stock guys race for peanuts all season and now that they get their ONE chance for big money 8 , 10 or however many higher class, track champions want to take their spots away and most likely much of the top ten finishing spots.I DO NOT MEAN THIS AS A PERSONAL ASSAULT ON ANYONE.I just say let them have THEIR time ONE time at least.I still love all you guys!

I think we all just need to let it go!!!!! Who cares if other class drivers want to race in the pure stock class... There will be alot of other pure stock drivers from other race tracks also... will you be upset if they race also....hmmm I say let whoever want to race (race) and Bring It !!!! LET STOP all the talk and bring it too the track and race your hearts out and GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE DRIVERS !!!!!

I know Ken is working on rules. But they need to be fair. Some places alow headers. If headers are ok then we should be allowed to run them at this big race as well. If are weight is 3400. there weight should be 3400. Some pure stock classes all around have difrent rules . difrent weight .I am happy that i am going to get to run in a big race. I think with higher class drivers racing in the class will only help young drivers and older drivers .take it as a learning experience. I hate to see some people up set over this. But Ken is right. Let some of us pure stock drivers have some fun. Hope everyone has a blessed week

Archived