South Texas Shootout December

SouthTexasSpeedway

We have some new information:

December 4th practice

December 5th Qualifiers

December 6th Big Show

Limiteds will be racing for $5050 and $300 to start. 25th position will be highest STS point car not making the field. The 26th position will be a auction spot.

Early Registration will be $100 per car/ At the gate will be $150

Pure Stocks will be racing for $1000. 25th spot will be highest STS point car not making the show. 26th spot will be a auction spot.

We will allow both STS and Shady Oaks rules to run. However you must declare what rules you are running.

Early Registration will be $75 per car/ At the gate will be $125

Pit passes both nights will be $30.

The website will be updated soon.

Ken Hobbs

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bravo, Mr. Hobbs , on the nice purse for Pure Stocks.It would be really good if rule 13 or something similar from the Texas Grand in Baytown be adopted for this race.Paraphrasing here it says CURRENT Pure Stock drivers ONLY.If you race in any other class you are not eligable. I would hate to see spots taken away from Pure Stock guys/girls by a bunch of drivers from the higher classes.

Just a personal opinion, think it should be a race of Pure Stock drivers that have been in that class all year. Nothing personal against any Street, Modified or Late Model driver, just an opinion. However, if the track says ok, bring that car and let's have some fun, need to start getting mine ready and find out what changes need to be done.

The purestock chevy35 aka Tony is talking about is my beat up ragidy but charismatic black and yellow 32 with Manard racing. I own this car and drive this car but I cannot not race in December due to health reasons. Tony and I built this car, we've spent a lot of time on the setup and Mickey has drove it and is familiar with it. I would like to take my car and show support for the track but the only way that will happen is if Tony or Mickey drives it. I don't want just anyone to think they can hop in my car and make it go, the car is set up a certain way and it works. It's how me and tony drive and it's how mickey adjusted to it.

There should be NO driver restrictions for any class in ANY big show.Impossible to police it anyway unless you personally know every driver from every track.

H.O.T will be having their big show in October and theres no driver restrictions in any of the 8 classes.Racing is not kindergarten recess.Advantage goes to the ones most familiar with their cars.

Again nothing personal as you know from my past posts that the Menard racing group is one of the best.That stated most Pure Stocks race for maybe $150 to win ,drivers are mostly very young and race on a shoestring budget..During the regular season maybe ok but for a big money race,something Pure Stock teams rarely see,I don't think it is fair for very experienced and well financed drivers in higher classes to race in Pure Stock.This is their moment not for a bunch of Street Stock and Mod drivers to take starting spots away from the shoestring budget pure stock guys and girls.This should be,in my opinion,their moment to shine and not have in this ,or any other big race,spots taken away from them by experienced better financed street stock,limited mod or any other higher class drivers.Nothing personal to anyone but it should be real Pure Stock drivers time to shine.

Either way it goes and hopefully they allow tony to drive it, it'll be fine with me. Since I prob still won't be able to drive by then I thought it'd be my way to support track for once. And look at the other side of this, those that complain about tony and his big tires will get to see what he does on little tires lol.

For the record I'm just a fan here.Mr. Tony is one of the best Street Stock drivers around and I love to watch him race.But not in a rare big money Pure Stock race.To me for each experienced driver from Streets or Mods that make the main it is taking$100 or whatever the minimum is away from a real Pure Stock driver.Whatever STS and STP decides is up to them and I will still support them.I just hope they side with the Pure Stock drivers , the class that usually has the biggest car counts throughout the year.They deserve their moment.

Arob I hope so too, I have been wanting to drive STS been never have gotten to. After just having both knees operated on at the same time and having major complications with one to which I am still in hospital because of, I don't think it would be very wise to get in a race car till next season. But fingers are crossed lol.

Street stocks have been the supporting class for this race since it's inception. And they have always fielded 30+ cars. I guess management just doesn't like selling pit passes...Pure stocks were just added to the show last year. Sad because the street stocks always put on a hell of a show in these big races. And I agree Thumper, big race like this should have no restrictions other than class rules.

Greg, I would love Street Stocks there too, even suggested slyly a makeup race for the Shootout rain out. Of course I'm glad Pures are running but in no way do I think they're any better or worse than any other class. As for the other class drivers not racing Pures, I have my opinion but it's not like I'm vehemently against it. It wouldn't dissuade me from running if car's ready, or watching in the least. Hell I offered you my car to race your son ;)

to me its the same as kyle busch, kevin harvick and brad keslowski running trucks and nationwide, takes the money and the trophies away from the up and comers, but it puts fans in the stands. MONEY FOR THE TRACK. A LOT OF US DRIVERS FROM HIGHER CLASSES ARE HELPING DRIVERS IN LOWER CLASSES. IN MY OPINION PUT THE BIG DOGS IN FOR THE BIG MONEY RACES, THEY HAVE BEEN SHARING THEIR PARTS AND KNOWLEDGE FOR FREE ANYWAY AND ITS NOT LIKE THEY ARE KEEPING THE MONEY FOR THEMSELVES. besides their class is not racing. jmo

BOBBY JACK LLM #88 PURESTOCK #88

Good points Bobby. I think Pure Stock drivers put butts in the seats as well but in this instance, the December Shootout has always focused on the Lim. Mods anyways and they will be the featured class. I know I've always appreciated any help no matter where it came from but yes, guys like you have helped us for years. How many of your cars, either you built or drove, are still out there? Twice that at least probably have your parts in them. Nathan, if they add Streets, I'd be happy, especially if it's a STXSS race but we'll see what happens. This year they decided to run Pure Stocks with Lim Mods, next year who knows?

Archived