Best Last 5 or so laps seen in LM's @ CTS 9-6-14

King237

That was a great performance by all involved in that one. Bayley Currey ran that outside line as hard as possible and Ryan Luza ran him clean... great show for the fans and lots of fun for those top three cars I'm sure of that!

Nick

It was hard to really tell if there was contact or not. Currey was on the very edge of traction for the previous five laps and it wouldn't have taken much of a tap to set him spinning. I took another look at that video and it's hard to tell from that angle exactly what happened.

Nick

Currey definately deserved a better fate.Does make one go Mmmm? when two guys can race hard side by side on a 1 1/2 groove race track for five laps and the next guy comes along and they can't do it for one turn.Then again things are not always what they seem.Great job by Currey and Luza(?).

i have always said it only takes two cars to put on a show . a bonus when there are more cars involved .. i did not see the race live i missed out my bad ...those are very fast cars and you run that hard with three with in a small square things happen .dont know if the outside car got some help .but just to run side by side at cts like that .shows the talent and respect those two drivers have ..and you know those drivers were having a ton of fun...

That race kept the fans on the edge of their seat. I thought it was one of the best late model races I've seen in a long time.

If their was contact on the last lap, it looked to me like it was just hard racing. I am sure Curry's tires were going away by that time (lap 50) just like I am sure Self's were also. All in all It looked like good old fashioned Saturday Night Short Track Racing. Curry was trying his best to make that outside line stick. and Self wanted that 2nd place spot.

Those three drivers are the future of Stock Car Racing. It is good to see these young people entertaining us with such good racing.

I had an awesome seat for this one as well. Spotting for the 14 of Luza. I had a blast! I have watched Bayley Currey grow up as I started working with him when he raced bandos all across the country. And have had the opportunity to work with Ryan Luza for about 2 years now. It makes me happy to these two young men race that hard side by side for the last 5 laps and both race each other with respect and not have torn up equipment at the end of the night. I'd like to think I've had a lil bit to do with both of their careers and how they drive but They are both pretty dang good natural racecar driver!

I had an awesome seat for this one as well. Spotting for the 14 of Luza. I had a blast! I have watched Bayley Currey grow up as I started working with him when he raced bandos all across the country. And have had the opportunity to work with Ryan Luza for about 2 years now. It makes me happy to these two young men race that hard side by side for the last 5 laps and both race each other with respect and not have torn up equipment at the end of the night. I'd like to think I've had a lil bit to do with both of their careers and how they drive but They are both pretty dang good natural racecar driver!JC

JC, Don't dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back.

Archived