James Buescher event preview: Richmond International

RAB Racing NNS Event Preview: Richmond International Raceway

Short Track Fun...James Buescher and the No. 99 Ruud Toyota Camry team return to Richmond International Raceway looking to repeat the performance from earlier this season. During the first race at the 0.75-mile D-shaped oval, Buescher and the No. 99 Ruud team captured their first top-10 of the season. Buescher has five previous starts at Richmond and is looking to capture his second career top-10 at the Virginia track.

Rely on Ruud...Returning to the car this weekend is Ruud Comfort Products. This weekend's race at Richmond marks the third time this season that Ruud will adorn the sides of the RAB Racing No. 99 Toyota Camry.

Welcome Aboard...Decorating the C-Posts of the No. 99 Ruud Toyota Camry this weekend at Richmond will be Allied HVAC Distrubutors and Noland. Both groups will have a large contingent of guests on site this weekend cheering on the No. 99 Ruud Toyota Camry of James Buescher.

Now Appearing...On Friday, James Buescher will have several public appearances. On Friday, James Buescher and his NASCAR Nationwide Series competitors will be signing autographs from 12:30-1:30pm at the Amphitheater located behind the front stretch grandstands. Wristbands will be distributed at the Virginia 529 display beginning at 10:00 am. Buescher will also be making an appearance at the Toyota PitPass display on Friday at 12:00pm for a question and answer session.

Follow Along...Don't forget you can follow James Buescher and his race team, RAB Racing on all social media platforms including twitter and Instagram at @JamesBuescher, @RAB_Racing and on facebook at facebook.com/JamesBuescherRacing and facebook.com/RABRacing. Continue to stay up-to-date with in-race updates, frequent Q&A chats and giveaway contests!

Atlanta Recap...After starting just inside the top-20, the No. 99 RAB Racing team battled an ill-handling race car the whole weekend that kept prohibiting Buescher from making a march forward. After making slight contact with another competitor and feeling what appeared to be a flat tire, Buescher ducked down pit road to get fresh Goodyear tires. Buescher hung on all night at Atlanta and brought the No. 99 RAB Racing Toyota Camry home in the 19th position.

Catch the Action...The NASCAR Nationwide Series rolls into Richmond International Raceway on Friday, September 5 for a Friday night race. The Virginia529 College Savings 250 can be seen at 7:00 p.m. EDT on ESPN2. The event can also be heard on SiriusXM Satellite Radio channel 90 and on MRN Radio.

James Buescher on racing at Richmond:

"To be honest, Richmond has always been one of my least favorite stops on the circuit, but I think that may have been due to my past results at the track. We were able to secure a top-10 here earlier this year and our program has grown a lot since then so I am actually looking forward to getting back to Richmond this weekend. I feel like the Nationwide Series always puts on a great show for the fans. There is just something about Friday night, short track racing under the lights."

Archived