Protest Procedure Question

Can you provide some clarity on the new $350 Protest? Does the $350 protest fee cover the entire car, or must the protest be directed to something specific? In other words, can it become a "witch hunt"? If you tear down the engine and find nothing, can you have them pull the differential (traction device)...then you find nothing there and you want to look into the transmission for lightened parts. etc, etc.

Secondly, if the $350 Protest is just for the engine...then what happens if you tear down the engine and find nothing. Then the Tech officals notice your car has some other unrelated infraction (say suspension related). Do you still get to keep the $350 since your engine was legal? After all, isn't the $350 intented to help cover the re-assembly costs of the engine (gaskets, fluids, etc).

Lastly, I assume it is only the participating drivers who can protest...is that correct?

Can't wait to see the 2015 rules. Keep up the good work!

The $350 protest is to completely remove the head to a table for inspection. At which point we would inspect bore and stroke, piston, lifters, inspect for roller cam, intake manifold, distributor, carb, and of course the head itself. Basically what we have access to without further teardown. If those items are good then tech is complete and we do not go further. The protester would then lose his money and $300 would go to the driver that passed and $50 to the series techman for services performed. If the driver is found to be illegal he would forfeit points and finishing position for that night. $300 would be returned to protester and $50 would go to the series techman. If protester isnt satisfied and wants additional items teched he would have to protest the following race within the 10 minutes slotted after the race. New seperate protest and fee.
Regardless of any protest its possible the top 5 cars would be getting inspected in a different area. That series tech would be performed first and if the car is found illegal at that point through a regular series tech inspection we would then give the protester the opportunity to decide if he is carrying his protest on or stopping before it starts.

Only drivers are allowed to protest.

Stephan I thought there was a time limit 10 minutes to protest after the race . And you said in the last comment if the protester isn't happy he can pay to pick another part or area what if the 10 minutes has passed then they shouldn't get a chance to do that. If I misunderstood your reply I'm sorry but if not I do t feel that's fair. For example say I get protested and pulled the head and I failed and u protested me you get your money back but fot all y'all would check would take longer than 10 minutes so how would you get a choice to pick another part or area

Thats correct Daniel, however that was reworded from what was previously posted thus why the question was brought up. So I reworded it better. So basically we would tech and if he wanted something else teched he would have to wait til the following race and within the 10 minute window have a opportunity to protest again.

Archived