Which Night?

drew

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well BS08...concidering we arent quite done with the car we wont be there this weekend either however we will be ready for havoc at sos....so my thought will be...How do I start this damn thing? lmao...

Bigone47.... We have discussed the mods and there is a big debate right now because of HOT and CBS... this class will definitly be up to the drivers because of car counts.. Its gonna be looked at like we dont want them but the drivers will need to know if we dont have the car count then the purse will change obviously but this will all be drivers choice. As with each class this one has been in alot of talks between myself and John.. Once and if we can do this...we will have a preseason drivers meeting and will discuss then.. More to follow

ahh..well i need to finish the brakes up and finish getting the front end and rad squaredaway and then scaled. prob is parts wont be here till friday so since its suppose to rain in corpus this weekend and i wont have it ready we will be rady for havoc....lol... but cant wait to get back into the car one more time..miss seeing yall

BS08...yeah this will be new for us but im excited to put it on the track...the leafs were just worn out....thanks for the help tho.. i fi need anything ill hola at ya.

Bigone...I love watching the big mods run....and we are even thinking about how to get some sprints here since thats always been my dream to own one... And I pray to god that we can make this happen....

Top..make sure we get a chance to meet finally.. should be interesting....cold turkey it is..but like anything else... i still remember how to turn it on......i think.. lmao

I actually forgot how to put on the damn belts last race. Didn't realized they were "x"Ed behind me. Kinda funny watching myself and a few others try to figure out why the belt latches were facing the opposite way. Was hoping to get the car out for some dirt tracking but will do the journalistic thing at SOS and hopefully, possibly be ready for December at STS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone....Well I thought I would give the latest and greatest about our possible venture. John and I have done all of the cost building and track design and drawings. The issue we are having is the drainage on the land. This property is fema land and is in a flood zone. There is a very large natural drainage ditch that runs about 850 ft from top to bottom and it sits right where the back stretch will/would lay. The cost to reengineer a new ditch would be enormous. The next idea/plan would be to lay concrete drain tubes to keep any water moving at the proper speed set by the county. We have no clue as to how much those tubes cost but from what I have tried to research....they arent cheap....So John is going to meet with the owner...tell him what the options are.......And hope its not out of the price range....I will say without this drain issue, it would be just a matter of when we could start. With this new information and costs...reality is setting in that it may be out of the budget range.... Now. I know a couple people have stepped in and said they would donate which is awesome and cant thank you all enough...John and I believe in transparency so we give everyone information as we get it so there is no speculation or rumor mills. We are working hard to make this happen.....I will say, if we cannot on this property, we are not stopping. We will coninue to reach our goal of a hometown track for everyone.. If anyone has any other property or funding assitance they may have available to help..Please let us know. Thank you all again for your patience and understanding....

being in the flood zone, the county engineers are invlolved and being fema land (which I am fema certified) they are also involved if any changes are made no matter what we do... engineer plans start at around 25k...then you have the actual work to be done which needs to be done by contractors approved by the engineers...so you can see its growing before we even talk about the track itself.. Not trying to be negative at all...but this is what we are faced with everytime we have an idea for a work around...

Archived