Which Night?

drew

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drew,

This is NOT a bash so don't delete it, OK? But I was wondering if you plan on using Heinz Ketchup in the concessions. The reason I'm asking is that if you don't chose Heinz, I ain't never setting foot on your stinking track ever again. And you're probably getting kickbacks from all the drivers who like Del Monte ketchup. You track promoters are all alike. Just trying to make money at the expense of us innocent racers.

Like I said, this is NOT a bash, but you're an idiot.

Oh wait.. you don't have a track yet?

Nick (all in good fun, but wait till it starts for real!)

You used to be my friend, top shelf, but I can see your true colors are bleeding through. If you're not a Heinz man, you ain't a man. And that's a fact, Jack. Not a bash, but if your brains were dynamite, you couldn't even blow your nose

I plan on organizing a boycott if that poor excuse of a promoter doesn't go with Heinz. Not a bash and not trying to start trouble. And just to show you I'm not a pig-headed moron, I wish him an any dummies stupid enough to race at his track all the luck in the world.

P.S. Over the years I have seen quite a few posts pretty much like the two I just posted - although mine, obviously, were in jest.

Drew is asking for everyone's opinions, but at the same time let's be gracious if the decisions don't go the way we'd prefer.

Nick

Ya know...that was gonna be my next opinon needed...everyones take..Big hotdog? or lil weinnies? Hey this is important stuff here...but since Nick wanted to throw out the fact I dont like heinz....Im gonna only allow lil smokies on foot long buns with mayo only..If you dont like it..drive 2 hours for the big ones....LMAO... your killin me.....honestly...heinz is not in the budget....Great value it is..ROFLAO...

Also we are gonna base our schedule off of Eldoras schedule so everyone has time to travel there.......so every 9 weeks will be race night.....any questions...ask Nick... <_<

I am just a fan at this time but I would like to see a track open around here that races on Saturday nights. I own Billy Bob's Repair & Tire and would be interested in sponsoring the track if it were to re-open.

I don't get on here much, if you need to contact me for sponsorship as you get closer to your goal call me.

Brandon

(210) 289-9774

Drew,

This is NOT a bash so don't delete it, OK? But I was wondering if you plan on using Heinz Ketchup in the concessions. The reason I'm asking is that if you don't chose Heinz, I ain't never setting foot on your stinking track ever again. And you're probably getting kickbacks from all the drivers who like Del Monte ketchup. You track promoters are all alike. Just trying to make money at the expense of us innocent racers.

Like I said, this is NOT a bash, but you're an idiot.

Oh wait.. you don't have a track yet?

Nick (all in good fun, but wait till it starts for real!)

Do they make an other kind of Ketchup?

Fri. or Sat. for me. You've got CBS, STS, and SOS all fairly close by, but that doesn't mean those cars will travel to race 2 nights in a row.

But, to Reb's point, Friday's don't seem to stick this far south. Texas Dirt made it for a few years on Fridays (low car counts), but that would've been hard to run 3 tracks in the same block at the same time (SAS, Alamo, TDS).

Those were in the days that you had 4 classes to choose from to run, not the not the 12-15 or however many classes there are in the area now.

As far as a sanction, look what it did for CBS. Also, some guys may make a little longer pull if they feel like they have a better shot to win/gain more points at another track.

Best of luck either way. The SA area needs a home track again.

TDS had a lot of success on Friday nights when they had good management. They had classes that had to run B mains every week. I think a track in San Antonio would work on a Friday. A track depending on mostly out of town cars (I-37) would only work on Saturday. HOT works on Friday as well as a couple of tracks around Dallas. San Antonio has enough racers to support its own track. As far as support from out of town cars, very seldom will they drive past their own track to go out of town. Look at the LLM car count in Corpus. That class is supported by a lot of out of town cars. They are getting tired of traveling so look at how much the car count has dropped off. You have to build your classes up with locals and the out of town cars are a bonus versus part of your survival. Consider your competition. How many events are there to go to on a Friday versus Saturday? High School football is about the only major Friday night events I can think of people attending. With so many big schools in this area that almost counts for Saturday as well anymore. I believe if you race Fridays, start promptly at 8:00, run a quick show to be done by 11:00 without a bunch of intermission time, you will be successful in San Antonio. It was proven by TDS when they had good management. Friday also frees up the weekend for the racers needing to take care of the family events / desires which makes mama happier which means some racers get to keep racing.

Just remember Drew, Heinz ketchup is only compatible with Nick's Lighter Than Air Chassis since he has a "Fancy" for Heinz ;)

u guys get off this ketchup thing .we been trying toO ketchup with the pac for a few races now ..besides i leave ketchup on every car i work on the /dang band aids cost .my ketchup brand name is DNA ....

Not to mention with all the oilfield companies now and the area I bet the stands would be packed if advertised correctly

HAVE NOT READ ANYTHING ON HERE LATELY ..PASSING BY THERE YESTERDAY I THOUGHT THE SAME / .like to bring the car and race

Archived