Cotton Bowl and Ecostock Questions

CougarGT

I'm thinking about bringing my CTS Eco out to Cotton Bowl this weekend. It currently has a CTS 2014 safety sticker.

and I had a few questions as I perused the rules:

Eco rules state:

3.2 Must use stock size Exhaust pipes, must extend past driver's compartment and may not exit side of

car. Turn Downs and muffler Required.
My exhaust currently ends just behind the firewall. I can probably stick a small glasspack type muffler on there. Getting it out the rear will pose a problem as I have a steel plate welded over my tank. Is there any flexibility here? Could run as-is with CTS or do I need to go fabricate something to get it out the rear?

It would be much simpler if I could stick the glasspack on there and a turndown. That would probably get it behind the drivers seat. It would be nicer if I could run as-is. The car is already pretty quiet.
RACEceiver required for All classes for 2013.
I have a scanner I zip tie to the roll cage, I suspect this will be ok? Haven't had any issues at CTS to date.
Transponder Required Must be a Westhold transponder.
I have an AMB MyLAPS. Looks like the two systems are not compatible. Can I rent a Westhold at the track?

Thanks

Dan, I'll keeping an eye on this also because we're thinking of running up there too just for seat time and fun. Our car already has been thru the tech and has a sticker for there. If you've never been there it is exciting.. Dirt is so different!!

I know your car has a muffler, but how far does the tailpipe go? My tank is below the rear seat. If I could turn-down right before the tank I could get it done before Saturday. If they want it to run the length of the car then I'm going to the Fredericksburgs swap instead. I was hoping to work some kinks out before the next CTS race.

-D

I'm thinking about bringing my CTS Eco out to Cotton Bowl this weekend. It currently has a CTS 2014 safety sticker.

and I had a few questions as I perused the rules:

Eco rules state:

3.2 Must use stock size Exhaust pipes, must extend past driver's compartment and may not exit side of

car. Turn Downs and muffler Required.
My exhaust currently ends just behind the firewall. I can probably stick a small glasspack type muffler on there. Getting it out the rear will pose a problem as I have a steel plate welded over my tank. Is there any flexibility here? Could run as-is with CTS or do I need to go fabricate something to get it out the rear?

It would be much simpler if I could stick the glasspack on there and a turndown. That would probably get it behind the drivers seat. It would be nicer if I could run as-is. The car is already pretty quiet.

RACEceiver required for All classes for 2013.
I have a scanner I zip tie to the roll cage, I suspect this will be ok? Haven't had any issues at CTS to date.
Transponder Required Must be a Westhold transponder.
I have an AMB MyLAPS. Looks like the two systems are not compatible. Can I rent a Westhold at the track?

Thanks

Put a muffler on and turn down and should exit back of seat, (No muffler no race) you scanner will be ok, you can rent a transponder. (CBS Tech)

Xmod97, thanks from us also. I'm working on our exhaust so I can quickly change back and forth. I have been talking and will talk to others about maybe getting several of us that run the asphalt in your ECO Stock class to come up and race there one night.. Eric even came up with a name for it.. Asphalt versus the Dirt guys!!! If we could get enough it would be a blast on our side..

Maybe even a convoy of Sport Compacts heading there from Austin. It would create a little attention going down the road, 5-6 of us going down the road together. Just no racing until we get there..

I wonder if this is how trailer racing started!! :rolleyes:

TRAILER RACING STARTED WAY BACK A FEW HUNDRED YEARS AGO ........CHARIOT RACING WITH REAL HORSE POWER ... DANO THE WHIP MAN .. TEX,TOM .THE CATCH CAN MAN STINKY JOB ..BUDMAN THE GROOMER ALWAYS SPITTING HAIR OUT OF HIS MOUTH .. I WAS THE WHEEL GREASER FEW CUTS WITH THOSE DANG BLADES .. ...AND NICK WHO CAN FORGET HIM .NOT SURE WHAT HE DID ...,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

YOU GUYS HAVE FUN....AND GOOD LUCK..I HEAR THAT IS A FUN TRACK ..

TRAILER RACING STARTED WITH NICK WAY BACK A FEW HUNDRED YEARS AGO ........CHARIOT RACING WITH REAL HORSE POWER ... DANO TEXTOM, BUDMAN WERE ALL CREW CHIEFS .. I WAS THE WHEEL GREASER ...

:lol: I was the kid that swept up the leavings after the chariot races!! Made a fortune in the fertilizer business but lost it all betting on Kyle Larson to stay off the wall last night!!! 317 times officially he hit it!!

Archived