HiTech

COME on guys if there isnt any complaining going on it gets dead on here ...nick has had it too easy lately .....soooooo ill start something .i think it is hogwash to darn quite ....what is everyone doing making babies . there are other times for that ..

Well the last two races I went to were at Shady Oaks and there was nothing to complain about! No one has said anything about the last races at STS so I guess it was quiet there too.Oh I have a topic.We have all seen the shenanigans that go on at Bowman-Gray.And the place has 1000's of fans in the stands going nuts at every fight/altercation.I think that approach does a disservice to "real" racing.It looks like racings version of WWE at Bowman - Gray.True the track is making big bucks probably but that kind of promotion is going to get someone seriously hurt one day.Best I can do there Hi-Tech!

More like the Colliseum, even WWE isn't that stupid and if they are, they're paid to be. Maybe that's how Bowman can do it. Must be nice to be able to destroy your car every week, act like a fool, then come back to do it all over. Maybe that's how they can. Get paid more for "putting on a show."

I'm old school. Back in the day this was part of the racing show. Fans loved the rivalries. I'm talking about the OFF TRACK extra curriculars....not the shady coward wreck somebody on purpose crap that goes on nowadays. Don't like using my car as a weapon. Too much goes into these things. I don't mind letting the men settle it like old time Saturday night racers used to. JMO

Not sure what has happened. Either racers feel like they have to do this stupid crap on the track because they know they can't take care of it when they get back to the pits (COPS!!), or they feel like track management isn't going to step in and do their jobs and stop the crap so they use their cars on the track.

I don't mind the occasional brush ups but you're right. The things I see there seem to happen regularly and involve the same drivers it seems. Most tracks I've been to here will either have track officials moving in to prevent the fist fight or the drivers get out and handle it themselves. Using the cars (beyond bumping or spinning someone to get the message across) is cowardly and if you do that, you better be prepared for someone to answer the bell but using your car to repeatedly chase and destroy each other endangers more than the two drivers involved. Ya the fans love it but really are you there to see a fight or the race? If it's the fight, you're not a race fan IMO.

GREG. WE we are both old school . now days we just want to race beat you on the track load up and go home ready for the next one .some of these drivers i just want to go and knock a few thoughts into their heads .some dont like the challenge of beating you on the track .they think by blocking you when you are faster or cutting your tires or wrecking you is beating you ..nothing can be farther from the truth ...it just shows lack of talent or caring about others .those are the drivers who need to stay home .. .does not take much talent to wreck someone ..beating them on the track is a lot more fun ..and going back to the old ways of crow bars jack handles is not the answer now days that can get you time behind another type of cage ..

As a fan I don't mind an after the race tap on rear bumper , luche etc.I liked the system Owen had at CCS with fines and/or suspensions.That seemed to work out pretty well.But he had the car count that 2 or 3 drivers wouldn't be missed for a couple weeks.And when something popped up at STS he was pretty quick to address it.That is why I say it is up to the track to control it other than the drivers.Fortunately in this area I don't think it is much of a problem.

Not sure what has happened. Either racers feel like they have to do this stupid crap on the track because they know they can't take care of it when they get back to the pits (COPS!!), or they feel like track management isn't going to step in and do their jobs and stop the crap so they use their cars on the track.

Social media and everyone having a phone that doubles as a camera(except me--lol).....They all want their 15 minutes of fame....JMHO

Social media and everyone having a phone that doubles as a camera(except me--lol).....They all want their 15 minutes of fame....JMHO

i still have a beam me up scotty phone ..flip it open answer if i dare and close it ..all i need ...

I dont know how much truth there is in this but I had read somewhere in the last few days that Bowman has been like that for alot more than just a few years its been like that for generations. When that kind of fluff gets into the everyday mindset of the driver the promoter and the fan it becomes nearly impossible to turn back the clock so to speak. That track draws fans because they know at some point in the night someone is going to do something stupid, its seems very few are there to see side by side racing. The drivers know that apparently the track doesn't discourage those actions it because it puts butts in the seats and money in their wallet.

An example of this even out here tho is what do you remember more for SAS fans John Heil throwing a fire extinguisher at another racecar on the track or when Steve Osborne ran his first race (I think won) at SAS after recovering from his incident? For Kyle which do you remember better Ausin Self getting chased around the track by Tommy Grimes under caution after an ontrack incident or watching Joe Aramendia win a race with a flat left front tire for the last few laps? For Houston even though rather new on the minds what many would call an intentional wrecking of Taylor Harris or watching someone like Mason Teague or Zach Knowles or Joe Aramendia ect... start near the back and work their way to the front for a good finish or win.

I think the question for a lot of people should be what should be done to keep your track from having the Bowman Grey mentality besides saying I'm not going to show up there because....

I agree totally about Bowman, it's expected there and of course the fans love it but I'd say they're there for the bs over the racing therefore, not race fans. Things do happen on occasion at all tracks but you nailed it, it's how the tracks respond to the incidents. I've seen 3 modified videos from Bowman and one driver was involved in two of them. What would you think CTS, HMP, or CCS would do if the same driver obviously causes more than one rukus in the same season? The fact that it's not really expected at our tracks is what makes them memorable. Most of us probably have more racing memories than those incident memories or hopefully would rather see races at a racetrack not drivers using their cars as weapons or acting stupid or a fight every week. The stuff that happens at Bowman probably won't happen here because one or a combination of 3 things will happen, 1. Track officials rush in to stop it, 2. Drivers get out and fight, or 3. The law comes and gets you.

AFTER SPENDING MOST OF MY 58 YEARS OF LIFE AROUND RACING .,I HAVE SEEN MY SHARE OF FIGHTS .TORN UP CARS ..AND THE LIKE ....I HAVE NEVER SEEN A RACE AT BOWMAN, JUST GOING OFF OF WHAT YOU ALL ARE SAYING .BUT BASED OFF OF IT .I DONT CARE TO SEE ONE ..I SUPPOSE IT IS BECAUSE I WANT TO SEE HARD CLEAN RACING .ALWAYS HAVE I WANT TO SEE TALENTED DRIVERS GOING HARD AT IT ..A .LITTLE RUBBING AND PUSHING AND SUCH NEVER BOTHERED ME AND MAKES THE RACE INTERESTING . BUT IF YOU RACE AT A TRACK UNDER FANS AND OWNERS WHO LOVE HIGH SPEED CHESS OF WRECKING CARS .FIGHTS .PEOPLE GETTING HURT THEN LEAVE ME OUT OF IT .THOSE PEOPLE ARE NOT RACING FANS .THOSE TRACK OWNERS JUST CARE ABOUT MONEY ..SOME DAY SOME ONE WILL GET KILLED AT THAT TRACK .ITS COMING ..THEN ASK THEM AND THE FANS ..WAS IT WORTH A LIFE ...ROLL CAGE .FIRE SUITS AND ALL THE SAFETY EQUIPMENT IS MEANT TO MAKE YOU SAFER .FROM INJURY .NOT BULLET PROOF //

I feel the same way about ice hockey - give me a good skating game where they play hard, and if tempers flare occasionally so be it. But let's not make the fights the focus.

I want to see good racing, not Jerry Springer with fast cars.

I'm huge into hockey and since it was brought up, the fights are part of it, that can be relative to rubbing in racing. What you don't want to see are sucker punches and all out brawls all the time. The occasional line brawl, yes people love it (except me as a statistician since I get to enter all of that mess into the official game sheet) but it is entertaining at times. If it happens often then it is goon hockey or what we call it, "gong show." The purists hate it, so good analogy PA.

I for one have been to a race at Bowman-Grey. The first race of the night, on the very first lap in the compact car race one driver forced another into the infield. It happened to be at a spot where there is drainage. The car was sideways and hit the drainage and rolled over. The driver got out of the car okay and waited for the other driver to come around. Of course the crowd was going wild just like a WWE bout. I don't condone any of that kind of stuff but I did see some fantastic racing the rest of the night. Even in the modified race. Go Junior Miller!!!!!

Archived