Thoughts and Prayers needed

txtom

I would like to ask all of you to keep an old friend in your thoughts and prayers. David Hayden is fighting very serious health issues and is not doing very well at all.

Most on here do not know David, but all the old-timers remember his father Len Hayden, who was a long-time contributor from everything from Bob Harmon and All-Pro to the early years of San Antonio speedway. Len wrote all those pit stop magazines, got Harmon to bring All-Pro to San Antonio, and many more behind the scenes contributions to area racing.

Everyone who has enjoyed the Nashville and other pics I have posted in the past can thank David Hayden and his mother for sending me some 55 POUNDS of pictures several years ago. I still have more of that to scan and post.

Here are David, myself and our mutual and great friend Freddy Fryar at the 2013 Derby.

post-21-0-38887500-1405390634_thumb.jpg

Father God, please hear our prayers for David. You know what he's facing and we ask that you take control of those health concerns. Help those who are caring for him and let him know that you are there with him through this. In Jesus Name. Amen

Texas Tom,

Thanking you for posting this. I called David today and left him a message about the post.

I talked to David's Mom, Jody, and she said David went to the oncologist yesterday and he said to get his papers in order.

My brother Bill Jordan told,TexasTom this weekend about David. I asked him if Tom could get in touch with Freddy Fryar and Terry Labonte.

Jody took David for his radiation treatment today. The radiation treatment is just to keep him comfortable.

I wrote on Jeff Gordon's time line and told him about David, Jeff Gordon is his favorite driver. I also went on Hendrick Motorsports timeline. I thought maybe they could give him a shout out at Indianapolis. I hope they come through!!!! Thanks again!!!!

Vicki Jordan

Vicki, I will be calling Fryar tomorrow, and I think I have someone in North Carolina that can get to Labonte. I'll let you know.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

David Hayden passed this morning. Obituary can be found@weatherfordmortuary.com.

David and I saw each other for the first time since his father Len passed in 2006 @ last years Snowball Derby and had planned to see each other this December @ the Snowball Derby.

Timmy and I will miss him.

Bill (Birdman) Jordan

I will remember the welcome calls from David Hayden requesting my help in posting his late father Len Hayden’s auto racing photo collection.

I also much appreciated their past professional assistance, friendship and support in helping me organize Texas auto racing events when they lived in Texas.

David and Len departed this life much too early.

RIP --- David Hayden (please say hello to Len for me)

Neil Upchurch

Archived