Needed policies in place please read and know whats new!

The recent events this last weekend has made me reflect over the first 4 races, the past 4 seasons and the lack of certain policies we need in place.

Well time has come to put some policies in place. I have put this off as long as possible primarily due to not needing it. Obviously this year many people have stepped up and shouldered the burden that comes with this series. The help I get leading up to the race, during and after the race is what’s needed to keep me interested in directing and promoting of this series. I have done it by myself at times but I will never go back to doing that. I will be accessing the rest of the year and with our projected growth I honestly believe it would be best for the series if I focused on the official side and not the driving side. Several drivers and teams this weekend made it very clear how much they enjoy the shootout and would help in any way possible to keep it growing. I am overall happy with this year especially with so many new guys jumping into officiating spots with no experience and learning on the fly. Doesn’t mean I am satisfied but we are going in the right direction. The world is full of opinions and everyone is entitled to their own, so we are aware some may not have the same sence of accomplishment as us. These men and women have stepped up and are involved in helping our sport, the drivers and series. They carry no ill will towards any driver. They want to see the guys do well and have fun. They have made progress this year in all areas each race. Many things happen behind the scenes that none of you even know about because it didn’t involve your team or driver. There is a massive amount of information being passed between officials, score keepers, announcer and spotters. This is your race! They are there to help manage it not play it out for you. With this being said the following policies will be enforced starting this coming next race.

#1. At no point can any person associated with the series as a driver, crew chief, crew member, sponsor, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa, boy friend, girl friend, neighbor, your banker, attorney, etc etc is allowed to complain to a track official. SOS, STS, CBS, or any other track we go to doesn’t care about your situation because they are not officiating it. They have nothing to do with anything other then assisting us with a place to race at. There will be a “Zero” tolerance policy in place for this from now on. They don’t even need to be asked a question. We have a lot of red shirted officials that can assist you in just about any question you have. If you don’t like their track and you tell them about it then we will be happy to assist in you not returning to it nor the series.

#2. At no point can any member go into another drivers pit to argue, discuss, bitch, moan, cry, cuss, or blame. You do not make judgement calls that actually count. If you the driver are not happy and want to tell someone about it, fine we will help you out. If your team members are not happy and have issues it still goes through the driver. At this point we feel we have better control dealing with drivers only. The Competition Director Steve Jung will be the person you go to and request a face to face with the other driver. No team members of any kind will be allowed only the two drivers involved with Steve. Officials will make themselves available during intermission only. They have heat races, time trials, b mains and feature to tend to. They do not come back and forth between each event. So Steve will be available during intermission to facilitate any such meetings that need to be had. Penalties will be “Severe” if a driver or team member has an altercation in another member’s pits.

#3. Race officials are approachable but only for event questions and to provide assistance. If you have a problem with another driver or on track decisions then ask an official to help find Steve so it can be address. All officials are now told to not address your problems with remarks of any kind unless Steve is present. Do not go to the flag tower under any circumstances. First off he isn’t the person to approach anyways. Secondly he is in the tower for a reason and it’s not because it’s the complaint department. Be patient and they will work themselves back into the pits once their officiating duties are finished prior to intermission.

#4. We have many drivers coming into the series and want to be part of it in a positive way. Most drivers are there to enjoy the special event, the comradery, the friendship, the competition and even the cold beer afterwards. If you can’t represent yourselves appropriately and are not there to have fun this series is not for you, simple enough. Being a serious racer/team is great and fantastic for competition but it’s not enough. We are guests at these tracks and it doesn’t take much to ruin a great weekend for sponsors, fans and the track. All of which are what keeps us racing and need to be a priority. The series is associated with many many sponsors. It makes it very difficult to go to new sponsors and keep the existing ones if we cant police ourselves.

The first 4 races have brought us to this point not any one particular event but a couple at each race. Also if you think you haven’t done any of these issues above in the past think again we all have. These policies are for everyone and it will in the end pay off. My apoligies for not having them in place long before now.

From a fans pov, everyone associated with the series has done a great job overall. We even chose to go to SOS over our "home" track last weekend with no regrets. Reasonable requests it seems to me. Series is losing a top tier driver if you step out of the car.

We have alot more top tier drivers ready to start racing as early as Race #5 that are very talented and will be competitive out of the box. Some from your own home town that will really excite you when it happens. Looking forward to racing them at least the remaining season after that is up in the air.

The only thing that scares me about these directives is they are all common sense!Seriously these are really good in fact every track ought to follow #'s 2 & 3.All involved with STXSSS should be proud of what they have accomplished.Bravo to you all!

There is an interest there the issue is all financial. The purse would have to be exceptional in order to get the bulk of drivers interested enough to buy tires and maybe even new wheels. shocks and sprung changes is one thing but investing something like in tires or at the least having to buy new ones after a cc race is too much unless again someone with deep pockets steps in and offers it.

Archived