TPS - RACE BULLETIN #5

Texas Pro Sedans - RACE BULLETIN

CC SPEEDWAY - June 28, 2014 - TPS Race #5 (UPDATES are underlined in BOLD)

This Race Bulletin, Race Entry Form and TPS Membership Form is available on > www.texasprosedans.com

Sponsors: Janet's Cakery, Guerra's Lawn Service-Corpus Christi (more sponsors are needed to help TPS purse)

TPS & Racers Discount Motel -Travelodge - Corn Products Rd, I-37, exit #5, NIGHT PARKING VIDEO, 2-4 personsrate-$55. Free Continental Breakfast 6-9am. When making reservations @ 888/567-1344 or 361/289-5666, pleasemention special TPS Racer rate

June 14 - Deadline for two (2) bonus points by receipt of entry form & paid entry (Note: June 14 "Roll Overs" have fully paid for June 28)
June 21 - Deadline for one (1) bonus point by receipt of entry form and paid entry.

SATURDAY - JUNE 28 (Note: all times are tentative and subject to change before race day by posted updates or at track)

1:00pm - Pit Gate Opens (TPS cars must pit in assigned area. Pit fire extinguisher is required at each TPS trailer) TPS participants must sign correct TPS sheet and wear correct wrist band at CCS (please tell your family and crew)

2:30pm - TPS PRACTICE - 2:30pm-2:45pm, 3:30pm-3:45pm,
4:30pm-4:45pm (practice is mandatory or start race at rear)

3:00pm -
Deadline for (1) one gate bonus point

5:00pm - (same time) TPS Drivers Meeting (miss meeting, no practice, no scanner = rear grid penalty, no transponder = not scored)

5:20pm - (approx) CCS Drivers Meeting (attendance mandatory)

6:00pm -
(approx) TPS QUALIFYING TIME TRIALS - 2 Laps - Qual line inverted: order of receipt entry then by 2014 prior race points.

7:00pm -
(approx.) Heat Races - Dwarf, Legacy, Bomber, TALMS

9:00pm - (approx) TPS FEATURE
-35 Laps heads-up- NO GRID LIMIT, 30 min limit, dnt's at rear by 2014 points then by entry date If time trials not held or completed, Feature Race will grid by 2014 TPS point standings to date, then order of date of received entry.

9:30pm - (approx) Post Race TPS Inspection -
weight, carb check and random P&G followed by Trophy presentation to TPS Winner

IF POSTPONED - Per 2014 TPS at CCS contract, no rain dates are available for CCS races. (Make-up is scheduled for Aug 9 at CTS). (For weather information keep you cell phone on race day and/or call David Mackey cell 512/913-9364 or TPS office 512/280-4869)

ENTRY FEE ------ $60 - per car if paid two weeks in advance by mail/check and completed entry form.
(Entry fee refunded (less $10) until car passes thru Pit Gate. All drivers and crews must sign the TPS clipboard)
LATE ENTRY ---- $70 -
per car if paid late at track in pits (late $10 deposited into the TPS Treasury).
TPS PIT PASS -- $30 - per person (Rain checks good on next TPS @ CCS race date). No Refunds. Under 18 need parental release

RULES - TPS 2014 Rules, Specifications & Race Procedures (Note: Windshields and rear windows required or byrules, be issued a large and increasing weight penalty). Each driver must receive scanner on 154.570 MHz atall times when on track.

INVITED CARS - CCS and CTS Mini Stocks (4 Cylinder only) accepted provided they are in compliance with their last year rules and weigh by TPS rules. Invited car upgrades may use: TPS 13” Hoosier Racing Tires or DOT tires, may use after-market suspension parts, lock drive wheels, may not have external nerf bars,must userear view mirror(s).

TRANSPONDER - Must have an AMB Transponder on at all times when on the track, which is required to be timedand scored. David Mackey has 2 transponders FOR RENT - $50. Advance transponder reservation required. Call David 512/913-9364)

MEMBERSHIP - All drivers required to hold a valid 2014 Texas Pro Sedans membership to drive on track.(One race TPS memberships are available for $25. Car number priority goes to TPS full 2014 season $75 members.

PURSE -
CC Speedway will pay $22.50 from Saturday TPS pit pass proceeds help to make the TPS purse. All sponosor money goes in the TPS purse. TPS Officials will be paid from appropriate entry fee deduction. Remaining funds received from the total of combined CCS pit pass proceeds and TPS Sponsor contributions will make the TPS Purse. Pay off next week by U.S. Mail to Feature participants only.

TROPHY - A Trophy for the Texas Pro Sedans Feature Race Winner will be presented by CC Speedway

POINTS - Awarded per TPS Rules - 3 bonus points to fastest new record (14.847) - The fastest non-record will earn 1 bonus point

INSURANCE - Commercial Risk Group, 1700 W Albany, Suite 200, Broken Arrow, OK 74012. Coverage limits: Liability-$1,000,000, Test & Tune - $1,000,000, AD&D - $10,000, Medical Excess - $10,000. Note: More insurance details available from - www.crgins.com Note: The above limits are the same as 2013 at CCS. Insurance coverage changes may be announced on race day by CC Speedway.

TPS TIRES - To order Hoosier F 60 8.0/23.0x13” shipped or delivered to track, Call: Jerry Spencer, Hoosier Racing Tires, Kyle. 512/784-1192 c/o SS Motorsports at Central Texas Speedway. David is available to transport tires to CCS if called well in advance.
Note: Jerry Spencer will not be servicing TPS Race #5 at CCS on June 28th with the SS Motorsports trailer .

RACE GAS -
110 octane racing gas will be sold by CC Speedway in pits (or TPS suggests bringing your own race gas).

The preceding official TPS Race Bulletin was reviewed and authorized by:

David Mackey, Race Director, Texas Pro Sedans
c/o 720 Shiny Rock Drive, Austin, Texas 78748
Office Phone - 512/280-4869 … Cell Phone - 512/913-9364
d.mackey84@yahoo.com

This Texas Pro Sedans Race Bulletin was prepared and posted by the TPS Publications Office Director

To better define the efforts and appreciate the efforts of top_shelf_12 and others to gather funds to be evenly paid to Texas Pro Sedans drivers at the CCS race on June 28th; I have amended my original reply to your post. It is best explained by your recent e-mail to me:

“I may have used some poor wording in the post about raising funds for the upcoming CCSrace. I was informed that there was a meeting after the last race at CCS that the funds raised would be distributed evenly amongst all TPS drivers at CCS June 28, so not technically a "purse" per se. Sorry for any confusion and hopefully this is an agreeable term. This was the original idea we had planned on so again my apologies for any inconvenience or confusion. See you in 8 days. Thank You, Jon Hutchinson”

It is suggested that you communicate with TPS Race Director David Mackey regarding details and money distribution on June 28th at his published phone numbers or e-mail address:

Office Phone - 512/280-4869 … Cell Phone - 512/913-9364

d.mackey84@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Neil Upchurch
Texas Pro Sedans Publications Office Director

..Neil in defense of top shelf .. we usually talk to each other in private as to be on the same page in what the game plan is ...i let them down this time .i failed to let a few who have joined in in the last two classes on which way the drivers wanted ,,they tps drivers decided after talking with david not davids fault at all . ; i was there' on which way to go and be fair to those who donate the money ..in both other classes the racetrack or any other entity outside of directed contributions and contributors were not in play and or part of any controlling aspect .this has been purely of the people for the racers ....... top shelf as far as i know does not know one tps current driver i can think of ..he knows me but i have not raced as of this season yet with tps .joshua comes first and lisa ..then me if i can find the time and money to attend a race or two plans are still in place to race .......

IN closing sorry for any misunderstanding ....hopefully in the future this can become an annual thing and also come into play into the purse structure .....its new and we have bugs to clear ...

No I do not personally know any TPS driver except Nellie and Scott Schuster but just in brief passings at work. Obviously, spending the better half of my 32 years on Earth around CCS and other Texas race tracks, I know who the drivers are by name but nothing more. My only intention was to try to spread the word out and get more donations for the drivers and has been an idea my dad and I threw out based on what Owen did last year at STS and HiTech more or less took the reigns and organized it and collected and dispersed at the first two events. We want to support our track and those that race their because we all have a love for it. The way I look at it, support the drivers, the class grows and obviously, drivers make a little more cash they'll be happy. The donations are obviously better for the track too as drivers make a little extra and it's not at the track's expense so basically free promotion for the track. Drivers may say "hey the fans/other drivers at CCS pay us on top of our purse lets go race there." This car counts may go up, more cars lead to better shows, then more fans. That's the goal and theory of it all.

On behalf of the TPS drivers who will be racing at Corpus Christi Speedway this Sat. I want to thank Top-shelf-12 and HiTech for their efforts in rounding up additional money for our race. When the idea was brought up at the drivers meeting there was unanimous support for the idea. It's great to see their idea transform into action and read about the donations coming in. Thanks again guys...see you at the races!

Archived