Welcome new member to officiating team

We have a really good group of guys that make up our officiating team. They are learning their positions and trying to get their chemistry and responsibilities down as fast as possible. Its easily the hardest job on race night to get right and when you do nobody notices the good work only a great race.

The nature of this beast is unfortunately only missed or bad calls get noticed and then all hell breaks loose. Nobody wants to penalize the wrong driver or miss a driver that should have been penalized. Specators and team members are the worst about reacting to the missed or bad calls due to them only watching their driver around the track on every lap and the passion most have for their driver. Officials and spotters dont do that! We dont have 24 officials we are not Nascar and can not replay wrecks 20 times from 20 angles.

It takes a lot of discipline to watch an area only and not get caught up watching outside your area especially when the racing action is hot and heavy like it has been. Like anything new it will take time to get to where we are good at what we do. These guys are hard on themselves when they miss something they want to do you drivers a good job. So please hang tight with them, cut them some slack before being too critical of them.

I am proud of how far they have come in 2 races one of which in STS might be one of the toughest tracks to officiate because the action is so intense.

With that being said we recognize that another official is needed to help and sure up other areas. I am happy to announce the newest addition to our team, Corey Collier.

Corey has had several years of officiating, spotting and being a competition director at STS over the past couple years. Corey will compliment our existing officials to help manage the racing action on the track. With Steve Jung, Randy Yount, Scott Ramzy, and Rick Synder handling all on track calls, Coreys addition will allow us cover more track with more eyes.

On a personal note I have two women who are very key members that I can not do without.

They manage all the paperwork side of this monster. They help handle registration, our drivers draw, lineups and manage all the results so we can get points and results posted in a timely manner. They jump in and help in any way possible and they are irrereplaceable.

One part that they are not responsible for is officiating racing action on the track. I want to make this very clear and get it out after a couple stupid comments. They are irrereplaceable, if I was to ever loose them due to some smart ass comments and loose lips then close the doors we are done. That is how much I respect them and what they do for all of us.

We are growing into a great series and are adding each and every race more people and wonderful things. Police yourselfs and anyone else that runs off at the mouth. This is your series do your part to make it grow and be successful. We will never be a perfect group but we will do everything in our power to be fair and trustworthy.

Welcome on board Corey!

Stephan.....

There will always be boo-birds. They typically only see things from their point of view and really don't give a hoot about anyone else or about the future of a series, track, or whatever.

That's why I keep a pretty close watch over this site - to prevent the boo-birds from going crazy like they do on Facebook and certain other racing sites.

On the other hand, issues do come up and most of them do need to be discussed in a moderated environment like LSSZ. So issues like "all involved" verses "judgement calls," or "this rule" verses "that rule" are fair game. And as long as it's the issues being discussed and people not being attacked and everyone's being polite, I'm happy.

Keep up the good work, STXSS team. Don't let the boo-birds get ya down. There's a lot of folks pulling for you and just because they don't get on the internet and say thanks, doesn't mean they don't appreciate what y'all are doing for the sport.

Nick

Archived